~New Years Eve P2~

Okay, I know what you're thinking. Yes, it's been a very long time since I updated this mini story. But I was running out of ideas and decided to continue this. So here we are, with a New Years Eve AU for all the gay little hopeless romantics out there.

Random note: I just came back from the orthodontist today and GODDAMNIT MY TEETH HURT. OW.

_______________________________________________________________________________

✩Keefe's POV✩

"Hey, Biana!" I yelled loudly to the small figure walking down the beach, waving her arm to the sky gracefully. Her head twitched left and right, as if she was looking for someone else, but nevertheless trained her eyes on my face as she came closer. Her luxurious brown hair was combed to perfection, as always, and her makeup was as you'd expect for Biana. Oh god, Sophie was going to be such a mess.

"Hey, Keefe," she greeted warmly, high fiving me and brushing her wavy brown curls out of her face. Her teal eyes twinkled cheerfully at me as I grinned.

"A little birdie told me that you had an interesting little conversation with Foster on the Imparter." Biana's cheeks flushed as she fidgeted with her fingers slightly behind her back.

"Oh god, you heard that? Ugh, that was so embarrassing, she'll probably never talk to me again," Biana mumbled with shame. She glared at me as I bursted into a fit of laughter and fell onto the soft, pale sand.

"Oh, I doubt that," I managed to say between annoying loud laughs that made Biana blush more and more with every passing second. I rolled my open mouth onto the sand, coating it with grainy sand that made me cough hysterically. Biana rolled her eyes.

"Oh my god, you idiot," Biana grumbled as she handed me a water bottle from Linh's decorated cooler. "Sophie will never-HI SOPHIE!" Biana ran a little too excitedly to the blonde girl further down the beach, barely managing to make her way to Sophie without tripping on her own combat boots.

I rolled my eyes as I poured the cool water onto my tongue to wash out the taste of the salty sand. "Bye, I guess." I turned my head around to see an unamused boy with a small figure standing over me.

"You look stupid," Tam informed me, helping me to my feet and brushing the excess sand off my arms.

"Wow, that's the nicest thing you've said to me all day!" I said in an exaggerated tone. Tam suppressed an agitated groan and buried his face in his hands.

"Why do I even bother with you," Tam moaned at the sky as I slid an arm around his shoulders, smirking at the light dusting of pinks across his cheeks.

"It's because you love me," I said in a rather irritating sing song tone this time, earning another groan of annoyance. Tam blushed a slightly darker shade of pink.

"No, it's because my only friends here are Linh, Dex, and maybe Marella on her good days, and for some reason, they all seem to like you," Tam scoffed at me. I smirked, trying my very best to ignore the painful pang in my chest as Tam's blush faded away and he looked at me, actually angry, not just I-actually-like-you-and-am-just-pretending-to-hate-you-for-laughs angry.

I shot him of actual disappointment, not a teasing glint for miles in my eyes. "Tam, why do you hate me?"

Tam's eyes widened at my question. He backed away slightly, opening his mouth and forcing his lips to form several different words, but none of them seemed to find their way into the air.

"I don't know," he eventually said. I shot him a look of reproach.

"I feel like you hate me and I don't know why," I told him quietly, staring down at my fidgeting nails. I took a deep breath and let the words escape from my lips. "Tam, I like you. I really do. I want to be your friend. But I can't do that if you keep snapping at me every time I talk."

Tam's eyebrows curled upward with guilt, his hand reaching out to grab mine. "Keefe-" He looked down at the ground, refusing to meet my offended glare. "I'm sorry."

I let him stay there for a minute while all the rogue thoughts raced through my brain. I wanted to forgive him. I did, but if we became friends...I don't know how I would stop myself from-

I forced a small smile, and brushing his hand with mine. "I forgive you. Friends?"

Tam's lips curled upward ever so slightly as he gripped my hand with his own. His silver eyes twinkled with the setting sun as it illuminated and softened his features, making his metallic bangs glow a light yellow with the last rays of the day. His hand felt soft and cold, but not an unpleasant cold, a comforting cold, like a serene lake in the summertime.

"Friends," Tam agreed, as my fake smile morphed into a real one.