Shady Business

Within days of calling his father, you and Jungkook were on your way to his father's house. It felt so sudden; however, he said this needed to be taken care of quickly before things got any worse.

The same night Jungkook decided he'd accept help from his dad, he made an effort to speak to him—something he hadn't done in ages. Since Jungkook had called him after he left your house, you didn't know what was discussed exactly. All he told you was that his father agreed to pay Jiho, but Jungkook had to join him for dinner first. Obviously, Jungkook wasn't happy about that stipulation.

"Fuck," Jungkook lamented as he put the car in park, "I don't wanna do this."

"I know, but we won't stay long," you reassured. "Two hours tops."

He gazed at you, a small smile adorning his lips. "I'm just glad you're here. I don't think I could do this without you."

You reciprocated his smile. "I meant it when I said I'll always stick by you. That includes times like these."

Jungkook reached over to give your hand a light thank-you squeeze before asking, "Ready to go inside?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

After giving you one last squeeze, Jungkook got out of the car and came to the passenger side. He opened the door for you, intertwining your fingers as he handed his keys off to a man in a black vest with a black swan pin affixed to it. The man bowed deeply to Jungkook and so did the four men standing on either side of the grand marble archway where a small path then led up to the house.

If this place could even be called a house.

There were actually multiple houses located on the same plot of land. You and Jungkook just happened to be going into the biggest one.

Damn, for someone who didn't want to get caught conducting shady and illegal business, Mr. Jeon sure wasn't hiding in plain sight.

When you reached the front door, you were met with four more men also dressed in swan-pinned black vests—guarding it. They immediately recognized Jungkook and bowed to him too.

"Jungkook-nim and his guest have arrived," one of the guards announced, pressing the little device in his ear. He nodded at the response given to him before telling the others you had clearance to enter. Two of the guards then pulled the double doors open so you and Jungkook could walk inside.

Your lips parted in awe as you stepped through the entrance, beholding the insanely high ceilings and the extravagant golden decor.

Jungkook chuckled at your reaction. "Nice, huh?"

"That's an understatement," you expressed.

"I guess I'm—"

"Oh, Bunny, you came!" you suddenly heard someone squeal.

You both turned your heads to see an older woman with short, chocolate-brown hair running towards Jungkook. She engulfed him in a hug, breaking the hold he'd had on your hand.

"Hi, Iseul," he warmly greeted her. "It's good to see you again."

Iseul looked at you after they pulled away, her expression friendly and inviting. "Are you going to introduce me to your pretty friend, Bunny?"

"Iseul, this is my girlfriend, Y/N," Jungkook replied. "Y/N, this is Iseul, our family's housekeeper."

"It's nice to meet you," you said with a bow.

"Nice to meet you too," she remarked, grinning widely. "Now, follow me into the living room and I'll make you two some tea."

The living room was just as lavish as the entryway—more golden decor, stained glass windows, and exorbitant works of art hung on the walls. Jungkook's father's house was so beautiful that you would've thought you had died and gone to heaven. That was if you didn't know the true nature of the situation.