Spirit Against the Reaper

Gary POV:

I entered the stage while receiving thunderous applause from the audience. I looked at Lancelot who had a serious expression on his face and was ready for battle. 

'Good thing I broke through,' I thought as I sensed my shiny silver core, 'I have a chance at beating him now.'

If Lancelot was just as strong as he was against Arthur, I would win without much difficulty. But I had a suspicion he was still hiding some of his strength other than mana zone.

"After seeing the last semi-finals match where the stage was reduced to rubble, it was thought necessary that the out of bounds rule be eliminated. Don't try to destroy the stadium though," Cynthia winked after the last statement.

'It does make sense seeing that the stage can't withstand S-class level attacks.'

"Now, contestants, assume your positions."

We both faced each other, determined to win. I put my thumb on the hilt of my sword while Lancelot was coursing wind mana through his veins.

"And begin!"

As soon as Cynthia's words reverberated throughout the stadium, the world was dyed in white from my attack.

Second movement: Horizon Splitting Slash.

Using sound magic and lightning magic in this attack, my sword seemed to teleport as it struck Lancelot.

[Sylph's Breath]

A huge whirlwind like sphere blocked my attack. I managed to disperse it from my attack but was forced back.

Lancelot then conjured more green wind blades and spheres before shooting them towards me. I dispersed some of them with a sound pulse while thinking, 'He's trying to keep his distance'

Third movement: Void Step

I dodged the other attacks and closed the distance between us. 

Spirit Dive

Green mana almost completely coated his left side and a half crown appeared on his head. He unsheathed his sword and met my attack.

[Spirit of Zephyr]

The mana augmented sword allowed him to parry my attack without too much difficulty. He then fired off hundreds of projectiles all around me.

'He used mana zone huh, he's truly going all out.'

I used 'Eyes of Chronos' to slow down time and looked at my situation. 

First movement: Quick Slash (X15)

[Zeus Armour]

[Mana Zone]

I first did the first movement 15 times to get rid of all his attacks. Then, I activated my lightning spell to boost my reaction speed and strength. Finally, I activated my own lightning mana zone to counter his.

Our mana zones overlapped and covered the entire stage and even the out of bounds area with ease. 

Tendrils of lightning coalesced and gathered at the head of the dome of my mana zone, while all the air seemed to be heavier because of Lancelot's mana zone.

'His mana zone will make breathing harder,' I thought, 'But I can still manage. My mana zone will slow down his reaction time and stun him sometimes to give me openings.'

Sound magic resonated through my body, increasing my reaction speed and clearing my blood and mana flow. 

Second movement: Horizon Splitting Slash