DC Meeting

(A/N: I am planning on going slow with this arc since I really rushed it in my other ff.)

Virion POV:

The Xyrus Academy tournament was definitely greater than the Three Races Tournament but it brought a greater sense of urgency to the dwarves and elves about the power gap.

There were eleven humans in this tournament, compared to just two elves and two dwarves. Well, three elves if you counted Alistair as one. And then, counting Alistair as human that he is currently disguising as, only humans took the top four spots in the tournament.

'The next generation is on a different level,' I sighed. Lancelot and Gary. Those two are complete monsters. Gary is already at the silver core stage while Lancelot is the first one in a century to form a contract with a spirit.

'Humans are already the strongest and the power gap will only increase in the future. Hopefully, Blaine can control his greed and work for the betterment of the continent.'

I watched as the Award Ceremony was held. Both Arthur and Alistair's performance was considered equal so they were given a joint third place.

"We have Arthur and Alistair Leywin at joint third place!" Cynthia announced as she hung bronze medals on their necks.

She then walked over to Lancelot before announcing, "For second place, we have Lancelot Orbel, the great genius who got second place in the Three Races Competition as well!"

She gave him a silver medal that he gladly accepted.

Finally, she turned towards the winner of the contest and looked at him with slight fear, "As the winner of this tournament, we have Gary Whiteborn! The same man who won the Three Races Competition has once again proven his talent to the world!" She then hung a gold medal on his neck before announcing, "This brings the end of the Xyrus Academy Tournament! I thank all those you came from far away to attend this and watch the geniuses of the next generation!"

Arthur POV:

I woke up quite early and got ready. Today was the first day I was going to teach Claire. She asked me to teach her before school began if possible and of course I agreed.

It was kind of astonishing to me that I managed to wake up early seeing the heavy sleep I was, but if it works it works I suppose.

I sneaked out of my room with a sleepy Sylvie wrapped around my neck. After that, I didn't really have to worry about anybody noticing me since it was quite early.

I made my way to the DC training area that was built alongside the room. I, of course, was wearing my DC uniform already as I didn't want to go back to the room and then change.

Today was also going to be our meeting so it made it perfect.

I entered the room was saw Claire waiting for me. She must have started the warm up as sweat glistened while dripping down her pale skin. Her scarlet hair was a mess while she was wearing a sleeveless training top. Her DC uniform was hung over her right arm.

For some reason, seeing her like this slightly hiccuped my heart. I ignored it and said with a straight face, "Let's begin our training now."

She nodded her head excitedly and I almost saw imaginary cat ears on top of her head. Keeping my face expressionless, I led her to the training stage and thus our first training commenced.

First, I decided to help her control her fire attribute better. Her wind magic was already pretty strong, probably due to her tutelage under Kaspian, but her fire magic was holding her back and needed to be strengthened.

I checked her core stage and found her to be at dark yellow. Blue flames almost require a yellow core so this was perfect. 

"Ok, so basically blue flames require denser mana and...." I then began explaining her how to form blue flames.