Happy Birthday, Little One

"Your birthday is coming up. What would you like to do?" Loki asks one night on the couch. His fingers running through your hair as you take a sip of wine. "Is that really a question? You know I don't really do much for my birthday." "I know but birthdays are such a grand celebration on Asgard and with you officially bring a princess I thought you might want to experience the culture more. But it's up to you. It's your day." "I don't know Loki. I haven't had a party since I was 10. I don't really know what would be appropriate for someone of my age to have." You giggle knowing you'll get a rise out of Loki for bringing up your age in a dissatisfied tone. "Pff someone your age? Need I remind you that I'm hundreds of years older than you so if any one is old it's me." "Oooo you're such a creep then." You tease earning a fisting of your hair and your head gently pulled back to look at your husband in the eyes. "I don't appreciate that jest little one. How about you behave if you know what's best for you." He growls as his hot breath against your neck brings goosebumps to the surface. He leaves a kiss there and returns to massaging your head. "Guess I'll have to come up with something then." "Ooo I'll let you in my head to peek at my subconscious birthday desires. That will give you something to start on." You say as you turn to face him. He doesn't read your mind often but it's fun when he does. "Hmm that does seem like a good plan. Alright let's get you situated so you don't hurt yourself when you go limp." He says turning you back around so your back is on his chest. He places his hand on your forehead and you relax against him. He feels you letting go as your body becomes heavy in his arms.

You wake up to an empty bed which is odd. After stretching and rubbing the sleep from your eyes you find a card on your nightstand. "Happy birthday darling. I'm on Asgard getting things ready for your party. I've come up with a list of fun things for you to do in the meantime. First gift is in the closet don't look till later. Love you see you soon. Xoxo." You read from the card and take out the accompanying schedule. 11 am brunch with Nat, Wanda and Bucky. 3 pm massage at the house. Be ready around 6. You look over at your clock to see it's already 10am. You spring out of bed to get ready for brunch. You're so worried you're going to be late you don't even try to snoop for your gift Loki told you about.

"Happy birthday (Y/N)!" They say as you walk up to the table. "Awe thanks guys." You say as you exchange hugs and kisses on the cheeks. Your table had a balloon bouquet in the middle so everyone knew you were celebrating. Wanda pinned a birthday girl ribbon on your chest as the server came by to take your orders. With bottomless mimosas flowing you were given gifts.  Homemade Sokovian facials and beauty creams from Wanda that you always beg her to teach you how to make. Charms from Natasha to add to your charm bracelets. History books with corrections from Bucky. After brunch and goodbyes were finished you head back home to get ready for your massage.

"A happy birthday is in order. A note was left on the appointment form. I'm guessing your husband booked it." The masseuse says after setting up the table for you to lay on. "Oh yes he arranged this. He's currently out preparing a party for me. I just hope he doesn't go overboard." You laugh as they start spreading oils on your skin. "Awe that's so sweet. Sounds like you got yourself a good one." "A very good one indeed." You sigh as their fingers cause you to melt.

After a shower you felt like it's time to look at the gift that was mentioned in your card this morning. The large black garment bag was an indicator for what it could be. You pull it out and hang it on the opposite side of your wardrobe door. You slowly unzip the bag and pull out the gift to take it all in properly. A gorgeous traditional Asgardian gown in your favorite color with breathtaking beading and details fit for a princess. After you marvel at the gown you notice a note attached to the hanger. "Hope you like it. Accompanying accessories are in the felt bag on the rack above." You open your wardrobe again to find said felt bag. Once retrieved you decide to open in at your vanity, just in case something falls out. You pull out matching shoes, a stunning necklace and earring set and last but not least your crown gifted to you on your wedding day. You kept it on Asgard for safe keeping since you only wore it there. Where it sits on its little pillow right next to Loki's horns. The clock chiming the time pulls you back to reality and you carefully set down your crown to finish getting ready.