6.7 like lightning

Y/N's pov ϟ

A whoosh from outside and a bright light suddenly wakes us both, Harry and I intertwined in our slumber. I squint my eyes to see what the commotion was as Harry jumps out of bed, hastily grabbing his wand before sprinting out the door.

"Stay here!" he shouts as he takes off, the sound of his footsteps pounding against the wooden steps.

I ignored his words as I grabbed my wand off his nightstand before chasing after him, rubbing my eyes down the flight of stairs.

"Harry, no!" Remus' voice rings loudly as I push through Molly and Arthur, following Remus and Tonks off the porch.

Harry narrowly jumped between the two flames of fire that Tonks and Remus were attempting to control as I slid between them.

"No! Get back-"

Remus' words were cut off as the sound of the tall grass muffled out and the cackling voice of Bellatrix.

"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black! Harry, come and get me!"

I could feel myself wake up with every footstep until I lost him, panting as I held up my wand to the air next to me. It was deadly quiet.

My head was pounding as I tried to ignore it until I couldn't anymore. It was like someone was setting the inside of my brain on fire. I dropped my wand, putting the palms of my hand on my temples.

I had never felt pain like this before, it was something I had never experienced in my life. I could hear Greyback's laugh as he came closer to me. I fell to the floor, my hand desperately searching for my wand as the throbbing in my head started to go away.

"Little girl, don't you think you're a bit outnumbered here?" Greyback smirked as I finally picked up my wand. His voice sounded muffled but eventually cleared as the pulsing in my brain turned into a dull headache.

"What makes you think that," I managed to croak out, my breaths coming out in shallow pants.

"Stupefy!" A voice cried out as Harry pulled me behind him. Greyback easily deflected the spell as he shot me a small grin before disappearing into a gust of black smoke.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked as soon as Greyback left, as I gave him a short nod before putting my back against his. "I told you not to-"

"Harry, save it for later and focus on not dying," I shot back as we circled, our wands tightly held in our hands waiting for anyone to suddenly appear in front of us.

"Harry! Y/N!"

My head turned to the sound of Tonk's voice as she appeared from the tall grass, Remus right by her side.

Right as I saw the two of them, loud gusts of air shot up into the sky: a signal that the Death-eaters were leaving.

"Watch out pretty boy, next time you won't be so lucky," Bellatrix's cackle rang into the empty night sky as we watched them disappear.

~~~

"What the fuck was that."

"George!" Molly exclaimed as she ran over to hug Harry and me, escorting us into her home. "Are you two alright? You two shouldn't, shouldn't have done such a dangerous thing! What if you two-"

It was like I was underwater, everyone's voices seemed to muffle around me as I zoned out.

Molly was ordering Fred to bring us both blankets and Remus insisted that he take another look around the house to make sure they were gone.