Chapter 1- The Struggles of a Royal

"Oh..." A charming young girl wakes up and gets out of the luxurious pink curtain-covered bed. She yawns from her sleep and grins towards the window, "Good morning little birdies." When she hears knocking, she turns to face the door and says, "You may come in." When a maid opens her door, a silver cart with a serving of pancakes, eggs, and orange juice is seen. " Hello, Madam. This is for you." "Thank you very much, Ms. Harper. You work so hard, and I really appreciate it." Nancy gives praise. The maid's blush is caused by flattery, but it quickly disappears as the impending news is announced.

"Your mother expects you to join her for supper this afternoon, Your Highness. She wants to share some news with you." Nancy asks inquisitively, "What about?" The maid brushes off her question. "The Queen has just asked me to let you know that she has something for you; I am sorry, I do not have any other details." As Nancy raises her dish to the table next to her, the cart's wheels move. "It's OK, thank you." Once she is on the other side of the door, the maid closes it behind her and nods as she turns the doorknob.

With the fork she has just picked up, Nancy begins to devour her pancakes and eggs. Her eyes stray to her brother as she sips from her glass of orange juice. Dueling between Prince Micheal and a teacher. She wanted to practice with swords since she was jealous of her brother's activities. Her mind wanders to a previous discussion.

"Please, mother! Could I please practice fighting as well?" The Queen scoffs at her pleas, "Honey, you know well that princesses are prohibited to conduct in..." Her mother took a moment to consider the best phrase, "-boyish things. You are a lovely, delicate glass, and a wonderful prince will make sure of that for you." Nancy asks in shock, "How is it that Michael has a whole tutor devoted to training him how to fight? " Ted, the King, interrupted the discussion and said, "You should listen to your mother, Nancy." Nancy glares angrily in their direction, "But!-" " You must follow our orders, no buts. It is just for your own good." Karen makes a claim. Nancy gives them a furrowed face before turning to go, she knows her obstinate parents won't listen to her arguments if she continues to dispute.

Nancy continues staring at her brother as she watches him utterly fail. I could do much better than that She thought. She comes to the conclusion that she hasn't dressed for the day. She gets out of bed and moves toward her huge closet. Opening the closet doors reveals a collection of sparkling, lovely outfits. She muses over what to put on until her sight is drawn to the right gown.Her hands reach out for the hanger holding on to the dress, she walks over to her mirror with the gown in hand. Hovering it over her body, imagining it on her. "This will do." She mutters to herself.

Moments later...

As she exits her room, Nancy shuts the door behind her and greets the butler and maids along the way. She arrives at her goal, the lovely and graceful garden, her favorite spot in the entire castle. Different flowers line the garden's edges on each side of the smooth rock walkway, which is complemented by the sun's yellow rays. the walkway leading to a swinging bench made of wood and painted white. She walks over to sit down and enjoy the fresh air, until she hears a voice interrupts her calming moment.

"Hey, Nance!"  When Nancy turns back, her younger brother is excitedly waving his arm at her, leaning on a white fence that separated the garden to the mini-battlefield. "Mike! You disturbed me. Leave and carry on with your awful swordplay!" Micheal frowns at her as she immediately turns around in disgust and says, "God, I was only trying to say hey, prick." "Hey!" Nancy gets to her feet to protect herself. Michael's instructor then interrupted them. "Your Highnesses, kindly proceed now. We don't want to create a commotion." The Wheeler siblings apologize on behalf of one another. Angered that her tranquility had already been disturbed, Nancy stood up.

Princess Nancy Wheeler thought being a princess was one of the most tedious positions there was. The only thing you do is sit there on a throne and wish that everyone would appreciate your beauty. And when you have free time, your only options are to go outside or stay inside and do nothing but rummage. Going outdoors, however, was regarded as a pain in the behind since, of course, being a princess also entails being well-known in the community. A continual stream of people requesting a favor with the name of royalty attached comes along with the fame. She would have to keep her identity a secret or she would draw a lot of attention.

Meanwhile: Micheal...

"Dammit!" As he receives the blow from his instructor, Micheal growls, "Tsk tsk tsk, Prince Micheal, what have I told you. You must pay attention to certain body parts and how you move them."  Michael lost focus because everything others said was so complicated and dull. Michael mirrored his older sister Nancy, as you can see. They both despised living the life of royalty; all they wanted was to be free to do as they pleased and not be bound by regulations all the goddamn time. Yes, they have numerous luxuries that the residents of their community cannot afford. But they are pretty much the only benefits they have. "Your majesty? Your Majesty!"

Michael apologizes, "Oh, my apologies, I spaced out," as his teacher asks him a question. "You look off recently... Maybe we'll end today's lessons." They both stow their swords on a stone wall that holds various swords for them to practice with. The notion crossed his mind, but his tutor's interest remained. " Is there something upsetting you, Your Highness?"  Michael's eyes grew wider at his inquiry, " Oh no, it's absolutely nothing. Simply put, I'm worn out."  His head dipped, and his tutor appeared to be losing interest."Oh, well, I guess I should have known. Apologies , but you should go relax." Micheal made the decision to proceed to the castle's entrance. "I'm grateful,"