forty-seven

When Topper was at the Country Club the next morning, he witnessed his grandfather, Judge Holden, be issued a paper regarding the warrant for Ward Cameron's arrest

And Topper knew that he should warn Sarah. Or at least, prepare her.

Now, that morning, Iris felt better. Just happier, which helped everything else overall. She wanted to go to the Chalet to see the others. She really did. She needed to begin moving on, starting fresh. Like Tatum.

"Are you sure you're ready? Aren't you like, in pain or bleeding?" Sarah asked.

"I mean, yeah, I'm bleeding, but I'm on taking painkillers like I would if I was on my period. It's only supposed to last a week or two."

"Do you feel okay though?"

"I do."

"You look better today. You have more colour in your face."

"Well, that's good." Iris replied, "Let's just go, okay?"

"Okay."

Meanwhile...

Rafe was being held in a jail cell.

Iris.

Iris.

For fuck sakes.

When he got out of this hell hole, he was going to need to talk to her.

He would get out, right?

Yeah.

Greece.

Iris.

Ocean.

Take a breath, Rafe, take a breath.

He paced back and forth over and over again.

One of the officers came up to the cell, "Looks like you're gonna be getting a cellmate here in a minute, Rafe. Your father. He'll be here soon."

"What do you mean by that?" He asked as she walked away, "What do you mean, my father? Hey, talk to me!"

But he was alone.

Fuck.

If his dad was coming, that wasn't a good sign.

Now at the Chalet, the girls sat in the porch while the boys were actively celebrating Ward's downfall.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Ward Cameron, king of the Kooks, is going to jail!" JJ exclaimed.

"Goodbye! Goodbye! Go join your son!" John B yelled while JJ and Pope cheered.

Iris watched Sarah's facial expression change. Upset. She knew that look. And the feeling.

Just because her dad has also done awful things doesn't mean he's still not her dad. It's not like she doesn't still love him.