Chapter 64

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•
•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

Meanwhile, Grace, who had a peaceful morning, finished breakfast with Arthur and Leon.

Afterwards, Grace, who handed Leon over to Sir Oliver for lessons with the tutor, went with Arthur to the East Tower. Because she wanted to take a look at the documents that Arthur had investigated which he mentioned in the last night’s conversation about the curse he was entangled in.

Grace stood side by side with Arthur in front of the front porch of the East Tower. Arthur said, placing a bundle of keys he was holding on to Grace’s hand.

“The door to the basement is at the end of the hallway, which you can see around the right corner from here. It should be locked now, and the biggest key here is the key to the closed door. And this little one here is the key to the second door you see when you go down the stairs. And the smallest and most exquisitely shaped one is the key to the innermost stone chamber of the basement.”

“All right. Thank you.”

“To prevent damage to the books and documents, it is kept out of light, and there will be a lot of dust because it has not been maintained for a long time. Please be careful.”

“Don’t worry. I’m used to dark and dusty places. That’s what my bedroom was like at Duke Alberton’s place.”

To Arthur’s concerns, Grace responded bravely, saying “Don’t worry”.

After that, Arthur’s eyes filled with sorrow just like a mother’s eyes watching the child. Arthur said as he swept Grace’s drooping hair, who was deliberately dressed in simple attire, to explore the basement of the East Tower.

“You don’t have to get used to that from now on. You are more precious to me than anyone else in the world and you deserve to be treated well, my wife. So from now on, if you have any inconveniences or deficiencies, please feel free to let me know.”

“Okay. I will.”

Grace smiled softly at Arthur’s kind words and kissed the corner of his mouth that was exposed under the mask.

Then, shyly, he swept his finger down the part where Grace’s lips touched while smiling while she spoke affectionately to Arthur.

“Now you go up. I’ll go down to the basement.”

“All right. My wife. Please be careful. I’ll pick up you in three hours.”

Arthur gently kissed the back of Grace’s gloved hand to see her off, and soon took a step back and headed for the office.

Grace looked at him until she couldn’t see his back, and when he was no longer in sight, she turned around the right corner of the ground floor.

And as she walked down the long hallway, she saw a door with a big lock at the end of the hallway, as Arthur said. Grace went straight to the door, inserted the first key into the lock, and unlocked it.

Soon, with the sound of rusty iron sliding, the closed-door opened, revealing a dark space.

Grace took off the small glass lamp on the wall at the beginning of the stairs, held it in her hand, and stepped down the stairs. Of course, she didn’t forget to close the door she had opened from inside, just in case.

She, relying on the small glass lamp, went down a long flight of stairs.

There was nothing around the stairs, and every time Grace’s shoes hit the hard stone stairs, there was a *thud, thud, thud, thud* sound. Grace, who was a little frightened by the slightly gloomy atmosphere, accelerated her steps.