Chapter 70

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅• •❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

With blank eyes, Grace looked around the appearance of the ‘banquet hall’ in front of her, Arthur, Leon, and even the servants and maids were looking at her with surprised eyes.

Grace was forced out of that ‘fantasy’ again. She took a slow breath and spoke to Arthur, who was approaching her.

“… … Ah, this is… … .”

“Madam, why did you suddenly get up?”

“What?”

“Did you see something that I couldn’t see?”

Grace replied in a dazed voice to Arthur, who asked her, with a worried look on his face.

“……Yes. I saw. ‘The Duke of Snow’.”

“What? Madam, what do you mean by that?”

“Ah, that. That is. Arthur, Sally. Please call Sally!”

Grace was too flustered, she grabbed Arthur’s arm and shouted.

Sally said something to her when she started digging around for that ‘mysterious illusion’ that she saw after collapsing the other day. The fantasy she saw was probably of the previous Duke Felix.

When those words came to her thoughts, Grace’s mind was tangled up with what she had heard from Sally and the information in the notebook that she had stolen from Duke Alberton’s study.

‘If those were Arthur’s father and mother, the former Duke Felix and the First Lady Eileen……. And what if they used the same magic as the Snow Duke in the fairy tale?’

……..And what if her father, Duke Alberton, found that out? And what if he used that secret to dig into the weaknesses of the Imperial family?

When she connected her thoughts, she felt that she had finally found a clue to the “truth” about the curse of Duke Felix, which made her feel like she was walking in a fog cluelessly.

She needed to call Sally right away to make sure what she was told was right. So when Grace hurried to find Sally, Arthur held Grace’s shoulder in one arm and spoke.

“I don’t know what’s going on, but please calm down for now. Sally will be called to the drawing-room separately after we finish eating.”

“……But! I have something to confirm right now……!”

“Leon is very surprised to see my wife like this. And there are a lot of other people’s eyes here. So just take it easy for a second.”

“……Ah.”

At Arthur’s words, Grace felt that she had completely escaped the illusion.

After looking back at the servants and maids who were glancing at her with startled eyes, and Leon who was looking at her with teary eyes, Grace relaxed her body.

As Arthur said,  it was something they should talk about in a quiet place after she settles down. As she felt like she finally found a clue to the curse, she became impatient which made others confused.

Grace slouched her eyebrows and handed an apology to Arthur.

“…… I’m sorry, Arthur.”

“That’s all right.”

After that, Grace approached Leon, who was sitting there with teary eyes, hugged his small body and said,