001

"Isn't that the kid you used to babysit? Dang. I remember when he used to look like a dork. Now look at him. All grown up."

If Bia wasn't one of your closest friend, you'd have already smacked the lights out of her for ogling at a freshman.

She's mentally stripping him.

"You're close with him right? Mind handing me his number?"

"Are you crazy?"

Bai casually shrugs her shoulders, not really disappointed with my reply. It's like she saw it coming. "Eh worth a shot anyway. He's hot. But not exactly my type."

"You change your mind way too fast it's almost scary."

"I mean it's not like I have a chance with him anyway. Look all these people staring. You'd think a celeb showed up or something."

She's not wrong. His face's out of this world. With doe eyes that can manipulate any human being in an instant, you've seen others avoid his gaze because of that.

"He's gotten thinner. And taller. How did he lose all those fats throughout summer break?"

She turns to you with crossed arms, waiting for a response. You're surprised she's finding answers from you. Just because you used to babysit that kid doesn't mean you know everything about him and what he does.

And besides, it's been a while since you've last babysat him.

"You tell me." You mumble under your breath, desiring to cut this conversation short. Bia flickers her side bangs away, making a bitter expression with her face.

"You know, if he wasn't seven years younger than us, I would've shot my chance with him."

"Right. And I'm sure he would've fallen head over heels for you. You said the same thing with the last guy, and the one before that, and the one before that."

A proud smile surfaces her lips. "And I was right wasn't I."

"Lucky you."

"Noona!"

"Let's go." You quickly grab Bia's hand and turn around, picking up the pace. It's the start of school and the last thing you need right now, is a reason to pack your bag and leave.

"You know you can't avoid him forever. One of this days, you're gonna have to face him."

"Yeah? Well, that day isn't today."

Adamant to proceed the day in peace, you make it in your specific lecture room in time.

As you take your seats, you ignore Bia informing you of the young freshmen lingering outside the door.

"You're being a little too hard on him you know."

"He'll be fine."

"I wonder what he did this time." She mumbles away.

Three Days Earlier

"Smile sweetheart. People are looking." Hanging around in some gathering isn't exactly your idea of a Saturday. Just a random get together between family friends.

Mother hands you a bottle soda, motioning you to smile. "Smile sweetheart." Her voice is mellow and gentle. But unfortunately, your smile lasts for a second. It hurts to smile.

"Um... I think I'm gonna go look around." You says with a bit of urgency in your tone. Mother allows you to go off on your own. But you know for a fact she's keeping an eye on you. Even if it's from a distance. The venue for this gathering's being held beside the seashore. The refreshing breeze brings tingles down your spine. It's pleasing to be away from the population of the city.

And the ocean the greets your toes melts away and signs of lethargy you've gathered within your bones.

"Thought I'd find you here." Turning to the source of the voice, you make eye contact with those black doe eyes.

"Hey, Kookie." You call out his nickname and watch his ears turn red. The young boy clears his throat and hands you a bottle of water.

"You know you can stop calling me that right? I'm not a little kid anymore, Noona."

"I don't think I want though." You tease him with a smile. The satisfaction you get from teasing him can't be explained through simple words. His reactions never fail to amuse you.

"Why not?"

"Because I like that nickname." You tell him like it's a matter of fact, widening your eyes to prove a point. "And besides, it reminds me of those days when you couldn't do anything without me. Remember that time you needed help at the restroom because it was too ta-"

"Noona stop." He whines, causing you to chuckle.

"Okay fine. What I'm trying to say is, I missed those times when you depended on me. Now it's different. You're heading off to college and that's a nasty reminder that I'm getting old."

"But you don't look old. You haven't changed one bit."

"That's good to know. I still need to remain youthful if I wanna snatch a handsome husband after all." You cup your cheek while smiling. Jungkook suddenly steps closer with an expression you can't exactly read. And he doesn't stop. He's gotten quite tall, you realize.

"What? Something wrong with my face?" You have to look up. As you're about to take a step back and place a reasonable distant between you, he takes your wrist and pulls you even closer.

Something in the air shifts and your heart begins to race.

"Kook-"

"Noona." He says hoarsely, gaze piercing your soul. "I'm not a child anymore. So can you stop treating me like one?"