Chapter 32 - [Acceptance]

Ayankōji Kiyotaka POV

Horikita wore a grim expression as she swore

"There's a traitor among us"

"..."

Not knowing how to answer, I asked in return

"How sure are you?"

"Very" she said with resolute in her eyes as if nothing can change her mind.

"I don't know who, nor how many. But I know that there's one at least"

"...I see.."

That said, it's not like I don't believe her.

Luck and coincidences can only take you so far. And if it's ruining our progress until now, then it can only be intentional.

"I don't how they managed to get their hands on the roster when we made sure to not let others see it when we submitted it... But—"

"Horikita-san!"

A familiar voice cut her off.

"Hirata-kun?"

"Are you okay? I heard there was an accident..." Hirata ran towards us with a worried expression

"I'm fine, but..." Horikita's face grew conflicted

"What's wrong?" I asked

Come to think of it, I also heard from someone that there's been an accident with her.

With me and the others just coming back from the Three legged race, it's only natural that we weren't really able to see.

"It's just..." Horikita sighed "that was far from an "accident""

"Huh?"
"What?"

Hirata and I were similarly confused.

"What do you mean Horikita-san?"

"The only thing I can tell you is that that "accident" was intentional." She continued "not by me of course, but that girl, Kinoshita-san, crashed into me, making us both stumble and fall"

I see. That is likely considering Horikita would have never made an elementary mistake such as tripping in an important event.

"Eh? How can you be so sure? Horikita-san?" Hirata rightfully asked

"That's because she was trying to get my attention" Horikita seriously replied "on the last Fifty meter run, she kept calling me, over and over. I tried to ignore her but.... Sighhh. Nothing. That's all you need to know"

"Is that so....?"

"Yes" She nodded sitting at a nearby seat.

"Wait. Are you okay? You didn't get injured right?"

"Unfortunately I hurt my leg quite a bit" she answered eyeing her right leg with frustration "but don't worry, I'm fine"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. For now, please take care of the class in my stead as well. I may have to think for a bit at the moment"

"Of course. That's my Rolex Hirata smiled reassuringly "but isn't there something we can do? Maybe we can report it to the teachers"

Horikita shook her head.

"Unfortunately we can't. If it looked like an accident from bystanders view, then we'll be having a hard time convincing them. Especially since we don't have any concrete evidence"

"I see..." Hirata nodded in understanding "in that case, leave the class to me for now"

With one more smile, Hirata left to join the group at the other side of the tent.