#19 Deal or not?

[Back to The Present Time]

Nate, Frank and Drey are once again parked in front of a gay club. This time, however, they are keeping their eyes on the casino that's on top of the club. There's a possibility the rogue they are now looking for might be in that casino.

The trio has been at the stake out for three hours now. Nate, longer than the others. He decides to take a brief rest.

"I'm going to close my eyes for a bit. Wake me up if you see any movement," Nate says and leans back on his seat.

And just as he was about to close his eyes, his phone rings. It's Daisy. Nate takes the call.

"Don't tell me when you saw the best romance movie from my collection that day, it brought out your true sexuality. What are you doing in a gay bar? Frank will be heartbroken you didn't go to him first," Daisy says.

Nate shuts his eyes to suppress his temper, but is finding it difficult to. "How do you know where I am?"

"I know. I also know where the guy you're looking for is. Here's a hint: he's not in the casino above the bar."

Nate sits up straight. "What are you talking about?"

"I looked through the files you were reading at the dining table last night. I know where you can find Vernon now. I can send you his realtime location."

Nate forgets about the fact that she looked through his stuff and thinks about her offer. There was a time when he would've instantly declined her help, but things have changed now. He lost to Patrick, and then there's those things Daisy told him about. Nate makes up his mind and demands, "Where is he?"

Daisy smirks on the other side of the call. She felt today was a good day to hook him in. And it worked. However, she's not going to help him without getting anything in return. She says, "I'm not that easy, babe. At the beach, you said I can't swindle your guys, remember? Now, you take their place. Why should I waste my time on others when I have you? Thousand for a name. That's my price."

"You're kidding me!" Nate says, "What happened to you wanting to see me become an Alpha?"

"Of course, I still want that for you ,babe. But I also don't like to lose any business opportunity. What better way to make money than by offering my expert services to desperate rich boys like you?"

Nate grinds his teeth. He knows she's making it difficult for him on purpose.

Daisy says, "You know what? Since you're my one and only precious mate, I will even give you a discount. How about you pay only nine hundred?"

"You're unbelievable!" Nate says.

"Eight fifty. Final offer," Daisy says and yawns. "It's time for my nap. Deal or not?"

"Fine. I will pay!"

"I'll send you the payment details. As soon as you make the full payment, I'll send you the coordinates."

"Wow, a professional swindler indeed," Nate says through his teeth before he checks his phone. There's a message with the payment details. He quickly transfers the money.

Daisy shakes her head. Nate should at least ask for some proof of her claim first. But either way she got the money, so she sends him their target's phone's live coordinates.

"Pleasure doing business with you, babe," Daisy says over the phone. "Come to me next time, too. I give better discounts for regulars. When you run out of money, you can pay with your body, too, since I do take shoddy goods as well."

Frank and Drey watch their friend fumingly disconnect his phone.

"So... we know where he is?" Frank slowly asks, not wanting to say the wrong thing and trigger his friend into exploding.

Nate gives him the phone with the map app open. "Start the car."

The three of them reach a derelict inn called Moko. The blinking red dot on the map shows this to be the place where the target, or at least the target's phone is.

Nate says, "Frank take the back. Drey, go to the roof of the next building."

Nate enters the inn and asks for the rogue Vernon using his physical description. Nate slips in a 50 dollar bill along with his question. The middle-aged woman behind the reception desk says, "104."

One floor above, in the middle of the corridor is where 104 is. Nate knocks twice on its door.

A half-asleep and disheveled Vernon opens the door. His eyes go wide as soon as he recognizes his guest. Vernon's rogue instinct kicks in and instantly his bare feet start running towards the window in his small room.

Nate, however, is much quicker and had grabbed Vernon's ankle before Vernon could jump out. Nate pulls Vernon back into the room and onto the ground.

Vernon starts throwing punches at Nate and missing each one. Nate lands one in return on Vernon's face, causing Vernon to be lightheaded. Nate cuffs him with silver reinforced handcuffs, pulls him up by his collar and drags him down out of the inn.

Frank and Drey come back to the car. "One down, sixteen more to go," Frank says as he looks at a senseless Vernon at the backseat.

Excited from his first catch, Nate takes out his phone. "Let's get started on the next one now."

"Wait, right away?" Frank says. Nate had already pressed the call button. "Right away."

As soon as Daisy picks up the call, Nate says, "The right side drawer of the desk in my room, the full list is there. How soon you can get me the location for the next rogue?"

Daisy smiles. "How soon you can make the next payment?"

A week, and a considerable yet negligible dwindle of Nate's savings account balance, later, Nate and his friends manage to catch everyone on the list, leaving none for Patrick and his team, taking the entire pack by surprise. 

🗳 Don't forget to vote and comment :)