sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

☟︎

*six months later*

            "Hey kiddo, what're you doing this weekend?" Gabby was snapped out of thought by Hank as he walked past the break room. Gabby looked up, "uhhh, probably nothing. Why?" She smiled. Hank wandered inside, "I have two tickets to see the new Spider-Man on Saturday, what'd you say?" He offered. Gabby smiled, "sure, I'd love to" she nodded happily. Hank smiled, "good" he nodded before leaving the break room.

Gabby smiled as she watched the unit work around her; within the past six months, she's grown as a person. After two months in a recovery hospital, and consistent therapy sessions with dr Charles, she's learning how to deal with triggers and stress much more than she ever could before. Jay, Erin and hank have been her rock for the past year or two and she couldn't have done any of this without them. The unit haven't given up on her either, if she ever needed help they were there. If she ever needed some quiet time, they gave it to her. They're all miracles.

            As the time began to fly by, it soon came to be 7pm.  Now, gabby has a set structure for school and her grades are going up as a result.  Whenever she gets the chance, she spends her free time at the unit studying and when she's not playing volleyball she's taking on extra study classes to help her catch up on the things she has missed.

           "Hey stink, we're going home" jay poked his head around the break room wall.  She stuck her tongue out at him as he walked away chuckling to himself.  After packing her bags up she met Erin and jay in the lobby, smiling as Trudy waved her over. 

            "Don't let him turn you into a golf fan" she warned gabby as jay sighed heavily.  Erin smiled, "that won't happen, not while I'm around anyways" she placed a hand on her adopted daughters shoulder.  Gabby snorted a laugh, "golf is boring, don't worry" she waved as Trudy watched them leave for the night.  Jay sighed, "you're all just uncultured, golf is top tier" he groaned dramatically.  Gabby pulled a face as Erin mirrored her expression, "okay it's a little creepy how similar your expressions are at this point" jay slid into the drivers seat of the truck.  The pair chuckled as Erin held the door open for the teenager.

~

"C'mon, they're not that bad. You're so dramatic" gabby hid the remote from jay. He scoffed, "all they do is sing and prance around the stage, it's unbearable" he shook his head. Gabby gasped, "how dare you diss Hamilton like that? I'm no longer your friend" she turned her back on him before laying down and resting her head on his knee. He chuckled, "but since I'm going to bed soon you can choose the film" she handed the remote over. Jay cheered sarcastically, "that's a first" he poked her side as she squealed. Erin smiled at the pair, wondering how she got so lucky. She couldn't help but wonder what the future would uphold...?

*just a short lil' chapter to get us back into the story : ) sorry for the long break lol*