12.Not that easy

In the dining room I was sitting and having my breakfast blissfully but it was interrupted by Serena.

"You are officially Mrs. Marc." She kept a magazine on the table making me stop in midway.

I saw the magazine cover in which yet again Zylen was graced but this time it was with me. A picture of me in khaki shorts looking like a teenage runaway tying his bow while he looked down upon me.It was side view of us and I didn't fail to notice the faint smile on his face.

"Why they have to write about me tying a bow? I mean seriously." I pushed aside the magazine and was about to resume eating my food when Serena slowly said.

"It's a cute picture of you both but not so cute article about you."

"What?" I took

I flipped to the indicated page number and the article was there a couple of snapshots of us coming out of the Ferrera and in the local restaurant.

Charming did not leave Cinderella after all....
Ladies a couple of months ago we were hit by a devastating news that Zylen Marc was wed in a secret ceremony to the adopted child of Duncan Devon ,Tiffany Devon. The news was quite shocking to us as with a reputation as Zylen's one cannot really expect a playboy such as him to settle down. However in the following months we realized the marriage never really affected his 'active social life'.The Marc couple were never spotted together in any public event which got all of our hopes high.Even the divorce rumors were in the air.However we all were proven wrong yesterday when Tiffany Marc in a very intimate way helped her husband Zylen to tie a bow. The owner of the Ferrara said that they were here for the suit fitting for the upcoming yet an another Devon wedding.However we are wondering that was this an effort to put stop to all the rumors about the bizarre dysfunctional marriage?........

I read further and in the end I smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" She was very confused.

"Nothing."

After a long pause all Serena could say was "Okay."

"Hey I actually have to got to office today. " I suddenly remembered.

"But you were working from home.Right?"

"Yes but I have some work in the office Xavier needs me for this latest project.He is going brief me on that and other stuff."

Serena opened her mouth to say something but then she closed and I didn't push her.

The meeting with Xavier was smooth and I was satisfied with it.The elevator opened and I arrived the ground floor. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I failed to notice the huge crowd outside the office building.As the glass door opened
I was ambushed by blinking flashlights and microphones being shoved at my face.I almost stumbled back but fortunately did not hit the ground. There were so many of them shooting questions at me which I couldn't even catch what they were saying.The lights were getting annoying and I was whipping my head here and there. The crowd pushed and shoved me I desperately tried to convey to them that it was suffocating me but not a syllable left my mouth. I struggled in the crowd trying to evade them but I couldn't move an inch forward. The noises were a hollow whispers and the flashes blurred. I was perspiring and had started feeling nauseous.
All of a sudden I jerked forward and a strong hand caught my arm I looked in that direction and was relieved to see a very familiar face.

"Brad!" I was shoved back again.

"Keep your head down."
The whole crowd rippled around him and I don't how but he managed the way through the crowd. The whole incident so terrifying that I only relaxed when I made contact with the seat and the car door shut.

I sank into the seat and massaged my head.The flashlights had given me a headache .The whole ride I was silent trying to calm myself as my heatbeat rate had increased dangerously. By the time the car stopped I was calm but still hazed. I got out of the car slightly slouching.

"Thanks Brad." I smiled in a tired manner looking through  car window

"You don't have to thank me.Its Mr. Zylen you have to thank." Before I could ask about it He rolled the window back up and drove off to the garage.

I looked up to see the sky had turned greyish blue.While entering the villa I silently prayed that I wouldn't bump into anybody. I was in no condition of talking to anybody.

I tossed and turned in my bed failing to sleep .I sat up sitting idle for hours.Finally I decided to go out for a walk.
Crossing the huge backyard I ventured into the forest.I cut through the small strip of forest and carefully walked on the stony ground covered with grass. Finally stopping a few meters ahead of the edge of the cliff I gazed at the vast ocean.The waves were striking against the cliff and the wind blew a little too fast. My white nightdress clinged against me flapping behind and I hugged myself as it grew cold.
I stood there for a really long time thinking about today's events.

The episode with the media quite disturbing today. I was not prepared for it all. But when Brad mentioned that Zylen had informed him to about that situation I was genuinely surprised.I still didn't forget that little moment in Ferrera.It was like a sweet nightmare. Staring at the ring I smiled softly but then later frowned at that fact that we were going to separate after two months.
I was haunted by the fact that how would everybody react after we split. I think it would be more ridiculous then it was today. And somehow I couldn't digest the fact about us separating.

I suddenly turned behind to see Zylen walking towards me. His suits jacket whipping in the air.His hair was completely swept but it still looked good on him.His brows were furrowed in slight irritation.Stopping a couple of feet away from me he straightened his black jacket.

"How did you find me?"

"Serena. " He tugged on his jacket and looked away.
"It's a bit cold . Aren't you feeling cold?"

"No I came here to cool myself."

He stared aimlessly somewhere slightly relaxing but then again he frowned.He cleared his throat and spoke rigidly.
"I actually wanted to apologize for today."

"No no. Why are you apologizing? It's not your mistake at all." I came forward.Still no reply from him I repeated.
"It's not your mistake."

He looked at me frowning.He was studying me.
"You sure you are alright? Brad said you had paled"

"Yes for a while I was.But now I am fine."

"Right." He paused and them abrruptly turned around to leave but then I stopped him.

"Hey Zylen."

"Yes?" He turned around looking straight into me.I bent my head little bit and gulped.
"Thank you for today ...you know....." I trailed off.

"No problem."

We stood over there staring at each other but did not move at all.He was staring at me with a great intensity.Even in the darkness I could make out his face.I don't know why I was suddenly felt this strong urge to hug him right now or do something but I knew it wasn't the same from. the other side so I broke the eye contact and tried to play with the hem of my nightdress.

"I will see you later." He turned around and start walking back.
I stared at his retreating back and the coldness around me increased.
It was not that easy.This deal was proving a little bit difficult to me.
I doubted myself now.