⟨61⟩

Warning: racism, implied rape

few hours later,
Albany, NY
Liegth Mansion
______________________

"Oh my- do my eyes deceive me? Is that you, Landon?" Olivia asked with a surprised gasp when she opened the front door.

Landon shook his head, "Yes, Grandma, it's me." he stepped forward and hugged her.

"It's rare for you to come visit without a reason, what's got you visiting this time?" she asked, finally letting him out of her grasp long enough for him to turn around.

"Grandma," Landon started nervously and grabbed Ryojin's hand for support, "this is my boyfriend, Ryojin."

Olivia's eyes widen slightly, "Oh..." she paused and Landon got even more anxious.

And then she smiled and pulled Ryojin in for a hug, "Welcome to the family."
She ushered both of them in the house and into the living room.

"Grandma, we're just dating." Landon informed her with a awkward chuckle.

Olivia waved him away, "I know how this goes. When Light brought his husbands home, they got married the year after. So, how long have you two been together?"

Landon simply sighed, he knew he wasn't going to win against Olivia ever. No one did.

"Almost three months." Ryojin responded, sitting on the couch close to Landon and their legs were touching.

"Oh good. Now that you've got a partner, when can I expect great-grands?" Olivia asked unfiltered.

Landon almost coughed, "G-grandma. We're not-...I don't want kids."

"You don't?" Ryojin asked, his voice was calm but laced with surprise.
Landon turned to him and flushed.

Olivia looked between the two of them before slapping her hands against her legs, "Well don't fret, you have time."

She moved to change the subject, "Tell me, how did you two meet?"

the next day,
Albany, NY
Liegth Corps HQ
CEO Office
_______________________

Landon opened the office door and was surprised to see Jake pacing the floor.

"Good morning." Landon said awkwardly, he wasn't sure why Jake was so frantic.

"Morning, you're late." Landon opened his mouth to respond but Jake held his hand up, "It doesn't matter, we have to go." he said hurriedly.

"Go where?" Landon questioned, watching confused as Jake walked past him out of the office and walked towards the elevators.

Jake pushed the button to the elevator, "There's a meeting in Manhattan you need to be at in 2 hours, the plane's waiting." he answered casually, looking down at his phone.

Landon frowned, "Why didn't you tell me about this earlier?"
Jake looked up at him, dimples showing, "It was in the spreadsheets I gave you yesterday. Didn't you read them?"

Landon blushed embarrassed, he had been busy doing other things.
Jake smiled softly and reached forward to push a black strand from Landon's mouth, "Don't be ashamed, I'll take care of everything."

I- oh my god, he's so close, Landon's heart raced, "T-thank you." he said in a soft and almost breathless voice.

Jake simply smiled widely and nodded, "Don't mention it, I take pleasure in helping you." he answered calmly.