⟨62⟩

New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
_______________________

Landon opened the front door and walked into the living room, which surprised his fathers, who were all in the living room talking.

"Lanka? Hey, what are you doing back so early?" Ace asked with a smile.

Landon didn't answer, he walked slowly over to the couches and handed Light his newly-made office badge.

Light frowned, "Are you quitting?" he asked before looking down at his phone which started ringing.

He got up from the couch using his crutches and went into the kitchen to take his call in private.

"Lanka? Are you ok?" Ace asked, noticing how Landon seemed idle.
He didn't answer or move, Landon simply stood there as if he hadn't heard any words.

Ash stood up and looked at Landon's face, "You get into a fight?" he pointed out Landon's busted lip, and bruised cheekbone and temple.

Landon shook his head slowly but still didn't speak, he didn't have any words. Nothing to say, his throat was sore.

Light came back into the living room and looked at Ash, "Something happened at the Manhattan headquarters, Jake Miller wants to speak to us."

Then he turned to Landon, ready to ask what happened but when he saw Landon's face, he knew.

Landon had visibly flinched at the mention of Jake's name and Light had seen that, so he stepped closer to the teen.

"Landy, what happened?" he asked, watching closely as Landon didn't answer and instead sat down slowly on the couch.

He winced noticeably and then looked up at Light, Landon opened his mouth to speak but instead tears rolled down his cheeks.

Light's eyes showed a glimmer of recognition in Landon's expression and then he bent down as much as his broken leg would allow him.

"Who did this to you? Was it Jake?" he asked.
Landon didn't know if Light was asking what he thought he was asking, but the redhead nodded anyways; on the slim chance they were thinking the same thing.

Light stood up and turned around, "Ace, stay with Landy and don't touch him first. Talk to him slowly."

Ace nodded confused but didn't speak on it.
Light headed for the front door, "Ash, come on, we're going to Manhattan." he pulled out his phone to dial a number.

"Why? What's happening?" Ash asked, the only other voice in the eerily quiet room.

Light looked over at his husband and said something slowly in Russian, Landon heard his own name along with 'Miller'.
Ash looked over at Landon, who still had tears in his eyes and then back at Light, "I'm gonna fucking kill him." he grabbed his keys and then stormed out of the house.

Light hopped after Ash, putting the phone up to his ear and saying something on the other end of the call, "This is Light Liegth, I have a crime to report..."

Ace had also heard what Light said in Russian and turned to Landon, "Oh Lanka," his voice broke.

Landon's body was in pain but he still pulled Ace in for a hug, crying into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Ace whispered, holding onto the crying redhead as tears filled his own eyes.

He looked at Landon, "Don't worry, your dads are gonna fix it. Light's already calling the police."

Ace paused before taking a deep breath, "Can we- would you be okay with going up to the hospital?"

"Why?" Landon asked softly, but his voice was hoarse and scratchy from yelling.

"For a DNA test, to get evidence. We'll need it for a court trial." Ace answered, seeming to be well informed on the manner of things than Landon thought he would be.

Landon slowly shook his head, he also had a headache from getting his head hit against the desk until he was compliantly limp.

"There's none. He-...he used protection." Landon could feel his heart shatter at those words but he bore it anyway.

Ace's breathing haltered, "Okay, well how about to get your wounds checked out?"

Landon didn't really care what happened at this point and so he nodded.

an hour later,
New Rochelle, NY
Hospital
Room 30
________________________

"Should I call Ryojin?" Ace asked as Landon pulled his arm away from the nurse who tried to clean the cuts on his wrist from the belt.

Landon shook his head, "No, I don't want him to see me like this." he answered, tensing his forehead in pain when the nurse wrapped a bandage around his sprained wrist.

Luckily for Landon, he's ambidextrous so even with the sprained wrist, he can still write and draw.

Ace sat down on the chair beside Landon's bed as the nurse left the room, finally completing her task fixing Landon up.

The redhead had a butterfly bandage on his forehead to keep the small cut closed, he had gauze around the deeper cuts on his wrists, and he was given pain medication for the pain from his bottom.

"Lanka, he's only gonna try to help. Ryojin wouldn't hurt you, he's told me how much he loves you." Ace reassured him, trying helplessly to relate when he couldn't.

Landon shook his head just as the hospital door opened, Light came in first, followed by none other than, Ryojin.

Ace looked over at Landon, to see if the teen had a bad reaction to seeing his boyfriend; but Landon showed nothing.

"Where's Ash?" Ace asked, looking out the room door to see his other husband was nowhere to be seen.

Light sighed, "He was escorted home by the police for attacking Ja-" he stopped, "He's with Leah now."

Ace shook his head in disappointment and stood up, "Let's give them some space."

He turned to Landon, "Lanka, we're gonna be out in the hall. Talk with him." Ace said before motioning for Light to follow him and leaving the room, with only the couple left alone.

Ryojin slowly walked over to Landon's bed and bent down, putting his forehead to Landon's but not touching the teen anywhere else.

"I was so fucking pissed when I found out. I'm sorry cookie, I was supposed to protect you and I didn't." he said in a low voice, barely loud enough for Landon to hear.

"No, this wasn't your fault. I'm sorry, I didn't listen to your rules." Landon shook his head softly, reaching up with the hand that wasn't sprained and touching Ryojin's nape slightly.

Ryojin frowned but didn't move, "What rules? You didn't do anything wrong."

"Yes, I did. You said I need to be more aware of when someone's looking at me and I wasn't- I'll never do that again."

Vote and Comment!
bc I'm sorry for what i did-