CH. 38

please do not complain at the end of this chapter, or so help me, I'll fight you and won't update until October. 💙

'HERE' when you're here.

"Wow, this is nice," Soleil admired the hotel suite as she stepped inside with her luggage. She walked further into the suite, staring in awe as Siraj walked in behind her, shutting the door.

Soleil walked over to the glass doors, unlocking it before she pulled the door back. "Oh my gosh, look at this view," she gasped, stepping onto the balcony.

Siraj grabbed Soleil's luggage and walked into the room, placing it to the side. He walked out of the room and joined Soleil on the balcony, seeing that she was taking a video of the scenic view. "I can imagine what it looks like at night," she said, saving the video to her gallery and then locking her phone.

"You like it?" Siraj asked her, taking a seat in one of the chairs. Soleil hummed in response, sitting down on his lap. "Good, I know how you like sitting outside on the balcony at my house, so I kept it in mind when I was booking the suite,"

He watched a sly smile grow across her face, as she looked at him. Soleil watched as his facial expression dropped a bit, while he looked out at the ocean. "What's the matter?" Soleil tilted her head, running her hand over his temple fade.

"Are you still mad at me?" he questioned her, making eye contact with her again. "I can kind of feel the tension between us still. You haven't said much to me, so that's why I'm asking. I just don't want you have any ill feelings toward me,"

Soleil cleared her throat and got up from his lap, so she could sit in the chair next to him. She sighed, crossing her leg over the other. "I am," she answered truthfully.

"Okay, talk to me," Siraj replied, leaning back into the chair.

"My question still stands, Siraj, why didn't you tell me? The fact that you didn't want to tell me, let's me know you understood how wrong it was. I didn't expect you to cancel the session because of me, because that'd make you look unprofessional—trust me, I'm very understanding of that part. By all means, make your money, but why didn't you tell me after the fact?"

"I guess, I just...I don't know, I was just trying to avoid any drama. I'm tired of folks bothering you, Soleil, and I don't like when folks make you upset. You deal wit' a lot, I wanted this to be one less thing you had to worry about," Siraj told her, gesturing his hand toward her.

"I will admit, I acted very naïve in this situation. When I found out it was Jaelyn, I pulled Aria to the side and explained that I wasn't too comfortable wit' the situation because of what happened wit' y'all. Aria explained that she booked the shoot because her birthday was approaching, so, I figured okay, maybe she isn't on bullshit,"

"But then Aria told me she wanted to do the shoot naked, I'm not gone lie, I started to end the session and tell her to find someone else. Aria told me that she'll handle the set up and how she poses—shit, Aria might as well been the one who did the shoot cause I all I did was snap the photos. I didn't see her fully naked, Soleil—I never do wit' any of my clients who want to do a naked shoot, it's a respect thing for them and for my significant other,"

"So, when you say you didn't see her fully naked, what do you mean?" Soleil narrowed her eyes at him, still a little skeptical of his side of the story.