three.

Leaves flew threw the air, gently flowing across the football field as the sun began to set. The stands were packed with every body in Hawkins, the game was in the second quarter. I brushed the gold coat of my band uniform across my shoulder, getting ready to conduct the next stand tune. Robin was up in the stands, laughing with one of the trumpet players.

"LETS GO HAWKINS!!" My attention was pulled towards the voices of Chrissy and several cheerleaders screaming and jumping up and down

"LETS GO HAWKINS!!" My attention was pulled towards the voices of Chrissy and several cheerleaders screaming and jumping up and down. She had obviously recovered from the embarrassment at lunch, Steve must've helped with that. Nothing wrong can happen to Chrissy Cunningham. She could literally vomit, and shit herself every day and she'd still reign supreme. I watched the bright green and gold of their uniforms, dazzling in the moonlight.

A part of me envied her

A part of me envied her. Chrissy was the kind of girl that appears in movies. The perfect blonde love interest that every Prince Charming wants. She's the innocent, helpless, delicate, funny, flirty, flower that captures the hearts of literally everyone effortlessly. No man has ever looked at Chrissy and thought she was just a hookup, or average. Any man would get down on his knees to just hold her hand.

She's a princess, and it makes me envy her deeply. No man has ever looked at me the way I see all those guys look at her. I guess that's why I find romance movies to be such a roller coaster. I start out relating to the main character, but by the end of the movie, when she gets the most handsome man, I realize that that dreamy situation is unrealistic for someone like me. I'm not beautiful enough to have that type of romance, and I'm not afraid anymore to admit it. Ugly ducklings don't grow into swans, they just grow up to look a little more average in order to be accepted by society. That's reality.

I looked back up at the stands to see Robin coming down towards me. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"Bathroom," she replied. I nodded. Kat usually arrived just before halftime. She likes to take naps after school, and most days they were long, even on Fridays. I figured Robin was really going to meet up with Kat. I didn't mind though, our band is pretty relaxed.

I looked out at the football team, we were winning 10-3. I spotted Steve from across the field, talking to one of his team mates. He looked angry. I wondered if he had discovered the outcome of my fake cheating prank from earlier.