Chicken Wings |55|

(Check chapter number. Hey guys, it's been a while...my cat died yesterday. 8/20/22 at around 11 pm. Right after I posted the latest chapter. Lol I hope you never have to go through loosing your best friend but anyway....i got another one. He's cute and I love him a lot but y'know, doesn't ever replace Sylvie. Whatever enough about my tragedies, let's get on with it. Check out my new insta avs_zaha✌)

Four weeks had passed and no one was feeling any better about half the Avengers being gone. Loki had completely shut himself off from everyone. Yelena was a full out alcoholic at this point. Bucky and Sam were actually getting along while the latter was trying to help Bucky with his reaccuring PTSD attacks that were getting worse and worse. Kate was still holding out hope that her mom was somewhere on Earth and that when the Avengers were back, they'd get her mom. Because they were the Avengers. They'd be back. She knew it.

Turns out Y/n and Kate were friends for a reason.

Laura had tried to stay optimistic about everything. It proved hard when her kids continued to ask her when Daddy was coming back or if he was okay or not.

"He's Hawkeye. He never misses--he'll be back. Just in time to tuck you in like every other time."

But every night Clint wasn't home. Nate always left his covers untucked just in case the absent archer snuck into the compound when they least expected it to tuck him in.

Pepper seemed to have realized that something wasn't going to change and the unknown was going to be their best friend. She continued to work things out at SI, especially when people started to worry about the absence of Tony Stark. Headlines soon piled up on the news, Missing Tony Stark.

With the absence of everyone they held dear, it proved hard for MJ to stay optimistic through it all. Harley was sure she never got any sleep. He felt bad about it. The teen stayed up awake at night as well, eyes open completely, the unknown chocking the life out of him. MJ started reading up until four, finishing whole books in the night. Maybe Harley stayed up so he could here her talk about them when she was done.

Bags started to collect under his eyes and the dust gathered over the missing Avengers belongings in the same token. Harley suspected that Yelena started living in Nat's room because when the door was shut tight across from Harley and MJ's, the former could here the drunk woman weeping.

Nothing was the same and Bucky and Sam's absent arguing was the worst for eveyone. If Harley hadn't known better, he would've thought he lost his tounge. Sam had a permanent frown in his face.

Kate was the optimist when Peter came around with a sobbing May. She always assured them that they'd be back. They would be. They had to be.

They were the Avengers.

It seemed that the weight of those words was starting to make the Avengers sink.

Peter knew something was wrong. He could feel it. All the time. No relaxation for him. Gwen was starting to research the multiverse, scrambling for a way to bring them back. To bring everyone back.

So far, she couldn't come up with much.

Shuri hadn't either but she did come by to try and cheer the teens up with things.

"I was going to make you guys suits. Well, I did. I did make you suits. In case you found a way," Shuri started, pulling up screens while MJ, Harley, Peter and Kate were all in the lab. "But Peter, she already made you one."

The spider teen's attention was caught yet his eyes seemed dull, "Y/n?"

Shuri nodded, pursing her lips sympathetically. "Nanotech. Very fine. I'm sure she would want you to have it now."