CHAPTER TWELVE: THE PIGGYBACK 2

The suffocation they all felt had been going on for long enough to make one of them pass out now. Jo was about to pass out.

Though once she felt herself being let free, it was clear that a miracle had happened for them. Jo held onto her throat, coughing as the rest got up, and she felt Steve's hand grab onto hers, pulling her up.

He looked straight into her eyes, searching them quickly before speaking up. "You okay?" He coughed, his voice was low and it was scratchy.

Jo nodded in response, and he returned one to her, holding his hand out for her to grab as they walked up to the attic.

The attic is where they'd all spotted Vecna, in his resting phase. Where he was when he remote traveled, just like El.

Robin held out her backpack in front of her, both her and Jo taking out the alcohol bottles, and holding it in their hands as Steve threw the first.

Nancy held her gun firmly in front of her, and the fire had blown up, nearly in their face. Vecna had fallen down from his resting state, and he slowly looked up the the four, seeing as Jo lit the bottle in front of her just like Robin did before both girls had thrown them to him.

Nancy stepped up, and she took the first shot that was followed by many.

As the other three watched, standing back, Robin took notice to the fact that Jo was clenching onto Steve's hand in fear, just like they'd been doing a lot that day.

With one last shot, Vecna had fallen backwards and out of the Creel House. Nancy lowered her gun, taking a deep breath as she stared forward quietly.

As it grew more quiet, it was clear that it was over. Though, still Jo still didn't feel like letting go of Steve's hand, and he didn't want do let go of hers either. There was a mutual, unspoken agreement between them which meant they'd hold hands for the rest of this.

______________

The air was cold, just as cold as you'd expect. When you cry, sometimes the tears cause your hair to stick to your face. It's annoying, and it was happening to River right now as she ran out of the Creel house, stumbling even, trying to get to a pay phone.

So there she was. The first thing she thought of was Max, but the second thing she thought of was Mike. How badly she needed Mike right now. How much she'd kill for him to be there, caressing her face, assuring her Max would be okay, and dealing with calling the ambulance because when it came to them, Mike would do that.

River's feet had stopped just before the sparks of orange, and red had revealed. If she had taken another step she would've ended up without a foot, without a leg even.

Watching with her own two eyes, she had seen the world split. She saw the beginning of the end for Hawkins.

River was still crying, she was still struggling to take breaths, and her heart raced as she watched the opening of the gate, the world splitting in half lengthen.

The young girl had coughed, more cries coming out as she did so, and she covered her face in complete agony. Her whole body shook, along with the city of Hawkins, and once it had came to a sudden stop, she looked up from her hands.