44. Repent

"The dead has no business with the living," Caspian snarled at her

"The dead has no business with the living," Caspian snarled at her. "Why are you here? Who summoned you, to earth, to my Kingdom?"

Unveiling her cloak, she walked forward. Towards us, in a red dress, with her chin held up high, sashaying.

"You have no idea, do you?" Lydia constructed. "Oh Ava, you can't keep things from your own mate?" she said, in a façade of a worried expression.

She was clearly trying to create a problem, and use it to her advantage. But I wasn't that stupid.

In a fighting stance, my paws elongated from my fingers, so did my fangs from my teeth.

Get behind me. Caspian mind linked me. I have to protect both you and our pup. He added protectively.

Now.

I did as he said, while he stepped forward at her.

"You used to be an ex-Knight; whose death was honored amongst us. Seeing you here means only two things. That you were summoned or never died." Caspian seethed, with a look of dominance. "If it's the latter, then we are going to have a problem."

She leaned in, on the cusp of the balcony. Her hands scraped through the top of the piece of wall, using her dark extended witchy fingers. While her face held a look of mockery in them.

"You do not know the battles you fight. It's a more lot than you can handle, Caspian. That's why Teta sent me, to tell you to back off," Lydia spat with a vicious look. "He gives you three days to repent and marry Princess Evealah, bringing glory to the dynasty he worked to build. Or suffer the wrath, wars and blood shed—"

"Psst." Caspian retorted, with his beast growling.

"Get rid of her already." Lydia ignored his reaction, saying. "Eliminate the girls, so they don't leak the information about what goes on in the castle. Come to your senses and eliminate Ava—"

"I won't watch you insult my mate, who is also your Queen!! So, you choose submitting this instant, or I will make you."

Caspian exclaimed immediately, exerting dominancy.

I didn't understand what was happening, until realization sprung upon me. Lydia had sworn a blood covenant, when she came to this pack; this dynasty. That made her bare her neck. But I knew it was matter of time, before she did something, with her evil pearl.

"Relay this information to him. I have no intents in doing his bidding from now on. He could do his worst, I'm ready to fight him with all I have, Lydia."

"That would be step mother to you," she seethed, before fleeing off the balcony with a Knight's technique. I aimed to go after her, but Caspian held me in place.

"Why?!" I growled at him, in annoyance. "I could get her, bring her here now, and torture her,"

I cried, with reddened vision, with a hand of my belly protectively.