111

Sirius

The wind whistled through my hair and I laughed loudly. I spared a glance at Prongs behind me, who seemed to be wheezing through his run. I'm surprised he's keeping up with me!

"Bloody hell, I'm getting too old for this!" he wailed.

His glasses crooked on his nose and his robes fallen to his elbow on one arm. I turned back forward, weaving my way through the crowd.

"You're only fifteen, dunderhead!" I teased.

The train grew closer the faster we ran. I nearly tumbled into a child. It would've been funny if it fell but nevertheless, I don't have the time to garner its reaction.

I ran up the steps, victorius in our race. Prongs put his hand on my shoulder. My shoulder slumped to the one side, bearing the weight of our unathletic summer seeker. I swear, I told him to practice Quidditch with me over the summer but he refused! He sat on the couch for three days straight once. And I'm saying he never got up. Not even to piss.

Nasty piss boy.

"Why...why was this harder this year than last?" he croaked.

"You ate the entire pantry this summer! Dumbass," I exclaimed.

He snickered like it was an accomplishment to be proud of. Don't get me wrong, I love my mate (with socks on) but he is the messiest bloke I've ever met!

I made sure to clean up after myself when I stayed with the Potters. But Prongs...he left underwear everywhere. Maybe it was an invitation for me to visit his room at night, I wouldn't know. Obviously, he doesn't know manners. And I know his parents taught him them!

"Oh, bullocks, Lily is at the end of the hall, and I can't let her see me like this! Let's hurry!" he howled.

I rose an eyebrow but obliged. We made way to the end of the cart, looking for the compartment Moony and Wormtail are in. I snuck a glance at Lily. She held a book in her hands, speaking to Mary. Her back rest on a closed compartment door.

Prongs already had his neck craned to ogle at the red head from here. As if an alarm went off in her mind, she instantaneously glared at him. He jumped and slipped into the compartment.

I held back my laugh when she rolled her eyes and turned away. Reopening the door he closed during his scuffle, I ran a hand through my hair. Rolling my shoulders back, I sighed. Slight sweat from our sprint here was on my skin. Other than that, I'm glad to be here.

Another year with my mates. I can't wait to see what Hogwarts has in store for us. Or more so what we have for it.

My arm bumped into someone roughly. They turned to me, making eye contact. Her platinum hair was pulled back in a claw clip and she stared at me blankly but a bit distastefully.

"Excuse me," she quietly said.

I nodded, moving out of the way for her. She continued on. I noticed the blue fabric in her robes and her Ravenclaw scarf peeking from her backpack. How rude. I ought to have scolded her! But I'm too nice of a guy to do that.

My whole body staggered when another person rammed into my side again. This day...I've encountered two platinum Ravenclaws more in one day than I have in the past five years.

"Merlin's balls, watch where you're going," I scowled.

"Yeah, you should," he murmured.

The way my good conscience flew out of my body was indescribable. I bared my bottom teeth and rolled my sleeves up. I began, "Oi, you trying to fight?"

"Oh," I said when I realized he was already gone.

"Padfoot, get in here," Prongs called.

I shook my head and did as told. My bad mood immediately disappaited when I saw Moony and Wormtail. I giggled my feminine laugh and embraced them.

Moony grunted under my hold. He's gotten taller! I think he might be taller than me now. Jokingly, I pushed my nose into his neck and sniffed obnoxiously. He flinched and screeched.

He threw me back so hard that I fell onto the seat. Wormtail covered his mouth and shouted, "I saw that! You DISGUSTING PERVERT!"

"You're just jealous, Wormtail~ Come here, you little rat," I flirted.

The boy scrambles back in the seat, his feet kicking at me. I dove for him and he mockingly cried. Then, all was quiet. I gave him a few pats on the back. He gave me a few pats on the back as well.

I inhaled sharply.

He placed both hands on my chest and pushed me away. With a teasingly shy tuck of his hair behind his ear, he looked at me under his fluttering lashes.

"Are we— are we about to kiss right now?" he bashfully asked.

I snorted before I burst into laughter. Quickly, I got off of him and retook my seat. He chuckled with me.

Ahh, my good boys.

"Ooo! Padfoot, look what I got!" Prongs squealed.

He outstretched his arm, placing something in my open hand. I looked down. It was a sweet. I've never seen these kind before. I turned the little box around. A chill ran down my spine for some reason. Something was so eerily familiar about the drawing on the back.

"Uhh... what is this, Prongs?" I questioned.

"They're collectable cards! They're not like sweet frogs but they're pretty good too. That ones a rare one. Keep it, lad!" he told dismissively.

I glanced back down at the phoenix on the card. The enchanted drawing made its wings flap. Shrugging it off, I threw it into my pocket. I'll put it away, later.

"Oh! EW!" Prongs complained.

Steam came out of his ears as he chewed on his jelly bean. Wormtail smiled at me and I put on a fake grin back. He turned away again before looking for his own jelly bean in the box.

Now that I think about it, ever since I boarded the train, I've had such a weird feeling.

Like I'm forgetting something.

end.

-lana