chapter 6

The next day, Nathalie woke up at 6:30am to have breakfast and after 7 o’clock, she wasn’t allowed to eat anything.

At 10 o’clock, a nurse came into Nathalie’s room and said “how are you feeling” I’m alright, it’s just my right ankle that’s being a pain, Nathalie replied.

“Before you have your surgery, your going to have to empty your bladder in a bedpan because we don’t want you injuring your ankle even more, so don’t worry, I’ll guide you through the process” the nurse spoke sweetly, thanks, Nathalie responded.

The nurse took the blanket off the bed, she took Nathalie’s hospital gown off and she lowered Nathalie’s underwear up to her ankles, the nurse told Nathalie to role on to her left side as it won’t put pressure on her ankle.

While Nathalie was on her left side and the only thing she was wearing was a bra, the nurse put a bedpan on her bed and she told Nathalie to role back and when Nathalie rolled back, her butt landed in her bedpan.

The nurse lifted Nathalie’s bed into a sitting position and she helped Nathalie spread her legs apart because of her ankle, she told Nathalie to release any urine or bowel movements into the bedpan.

Nathalie released her bladder into the bedpan and she told the nurse once she was done, the nurse told her to role on to her left side again, the nurse put the bedpan on the floor and once Nathalie was on her left side, the nurse got some tissue and she started cleaning Nathalie’s butt from front to back.

Once Nathalie was clean, the nurse put her underwear and her hospital gown back onto herculean, Nathalie rolled back into a lying down position and the nurse lowered the bed, back to its original position, she told Nathalie that she was due for her surgery in 2 and a half hours and she took the bedpan away with her.

In the meantime, Nathalie phoned Gabriel and Gabriel asked “how are you feeling" I’m alright, it’s just my ankle that’s being a pain, Nathalie replied.

Gabriel told Nathalie that Adrien was in school, so they started using their nicknames, Nath told Gabe that she had to empty her bladder in a bedpan, which was the most weirdest feeling ever, Gabe and Nath kept talking until half 12 because Nath arms started to ache, so they both said goodbye to each other.

After a few minutes, 2 nurses and a doctor walked into her hospital room and they told Nathalie that it’s time for surgery.

Nathalie started slowly taking deep breaths and a nurse layed a hand on her shoulder and she said “don’t worry, you won’t feel a thing", hearing those words, made Nathalie calm down.

The doctor injected anaesthetics into Nathalie’s arm and she instantly fell asleep, while Nathalie was asleep, the doctor and the 2 nurses did surgery on her right ankle, once they were done, they took the anaesthetics out of Nathalie’s arm.

Once Nathalie had woken up after her surgery, she felt groggy and she was in a lot of pain, after half an hour, Nathalie stopped feeling groggy, but she was still in pain.

An hour later, Gabriel and Adrien came to visit her, “hi! Nathalie, how was your surgery?” Gabriel questioned, it went well, Nathalie replied “how are you feeling” Adrien asked, I’m in pain, I feel nauseous and my throat feels sore, Nathalie responded.

Gabriel, Adrien and Nathalie kept talking, after a while a nurse came onto the room, she gave Nathalie some painkillers to help with her nausea, the nurse placed a thermometer in Nathalie’s mouth and she took her temperature, the nurse then put a cuff around Nathalie’s arm and she squeezed it tightly, once the nurse had taken Nathalie’s blood pressure, she took the cuff off Nathalie’s arm.

The nurse asked Nathalie “do you live with anyone?” yes, I live with Gabriel Agreste and Adrien Agreste, Nathalie replied the nurse told all three of them that Nathalie can be discharged from the hospital tomorrow, once Nathalie is at home she will have to take painkillers twice a day and she will have a follow up appointment in 3 months time.

Once visiting time was over, Gabriel and Adrien left the hospital, to let Nathalie get some rest.

A few minutes later, a nurse came into her room and she said “have you been passing any gas", I have a few times, Nathalie responded.

The nurse left Nathalie’s room and she returned with a bedpan, the nurse took the blanket off, Nathalie’s hospital gown off and she pulled Nathalie’s panties down to her ankles.

Nathalie only managed to release a little bit of urine and once the nurse had finished cleaning Nathalie’s buttock, she pulled Nathalie’s panties back up, she helped Nathalie put her hospital gown on and she placed the blanket over Nathalie’s chest, leaving her to rest.