Career & Choices || 18

please do comment, it's been a while since i last updated and we couldn't even interact.

__

after the prom, aera got no time to sit idle. from surfing the web almost all nights long and giving up on her sleeps as she was busy finding good universities and courses for her, which also annoyed her at times, seeing most of them already done with accepting this year's applicants and the fact that she's late.

jungkook too helped her out a lot, sitting with her and discussing about different career options, pay scale and opportunities in each filed for her, that she felt unexplainably thankful for. she didn't hesitate at all in waking him up at the weirdest hour to ask about a certain scheme that caught her attention on the internet, or to vent out about how the process is so frustrating that she feels like it would be better to just sit at home and do nothing for the rest of her life.

even now aera's hand pushes away the laptop lazily, leaning back on her swivelling chair as she turns around and forces herself to get up, dragging her feet to her brother's room, not minding that it's already past two and he might be asleep for he needs to work in the morning. she opens the door without much thought and sighs, seeing jungkook arching up his brow as he pulls the headphone from his one ear.

"i don't know what to do... my future is all dark. do you think you can feed me all my life and pay my expenses?" she mumbles, massaging her temples as she flops on the bed beside him over the covers, making the brother sigh deeply.

"stop stressing out so much, aera. it's gonna be fine," he pats her back and she shakes her head, burying her face in the pillow, kicking her legs in the air and her arms hitting the bed. "you need sleep, kiddo. go and rest for a while,"

"i can't sleep..." aera looks up at him with teary eyes and points at her face, "i've dark circles under my eyes and my face looks dull, all of it thanks to my fucked up sleeping schedule!"

"who's responsible for it?" jungkook looks at his laptop, disconnecting the headphones and puts on the movie, placing the laptop a little away, "get inside the covers, i lowered the temperature of the ac earlier."

"yeah it's a bit chilly," aera nods, slipping next to him and hugs his arm, "how did you decide what you wanna do?" jungkook chuckles, stroking her hair and drapes his arm around aera, letting her snuggle onto him and pauses the movie for he feels a long conversation surfacing slowly, "y'know everybody knows what they wanna do and they're working for it already! i'm the only dumb person who has absolutely zero idea about my future and doesn't even know what i wanna become! high school is over, i need to get into a good college, get a degree and a job to make my life not suck... so much work and i haven't even started yet... god i feel like i'm gonna die..."

"relax," jungkook tells her, patting her back then pulls away and glances at her with a mischievous grin, "wanna get a drink?"

"drink as in...?"

"soju," jungkook chuckles, "get up, we're going out,"

"why am i suddenly allowed to drink?" aera gasps, sitting up straight but agrees right away as she stands up on her feet, grabbing one of jungkook's hoodies and puts it on over her crop top, "i hope you won't get me trouble with jiminie,"

"nobody will know a thing," he assures, "since you're already eighteen, done with high school and stressing out like an old person, i can see this is important. so let's get it," he takes her hand, pulling her downstairs with him once he's a grabbed a jacket for himself and put on his shoes. aera does the same, securing the velcro of her shoes and follows jungkook out.

"aren't we taking the car?" she looks at him with a frown and he shakes his head, making her shrug her shoulders, jogging to catch up with him for he's already a few steps ahead. "where are we going?"