227.Kept By An Old Man {2}

Sana immediately dialled the number that she got from Eunha earlier.

The atmosphere in the living room immediately underwent a subtle change. It was as though these were moments before the end of a storm and the clouds were about to clear up.

Several of the Lee family members could not conceal their excited expressions.

Jungkook on the other hand was expressionless. He did not reveal any of his emotions and no one could understand his thoughts.

The call was quickly answered.

“Hello!” Liu Ling’s polite voice could be heard from the other end.

“May I know if this is Liu Ling, the property agent from XX company?” Weng Jingke switched the audio to speaker mode. The other party’s voice could be clearly heard in the living room.

“Yes. May I know who is speaking…”

“Oh, I see.” Sana continued politely. “I wanted to check if Lee Lalisa purchased an apartment in the Hong Sheng district ten days ago? She’s the person who paid the entire sum at one go. Do you remember her?”

“Of course I remember. There are very few customers who do that.”

“At the time, you mentioned to me that Lalisa told you that her money came from an old man…”

Before she could finish asking, Liu Ling cut her off. “Miss, who exactly are you? I won’t reveal confidential matters about my clients to you.”

“You shouldn’t bother about who I am. Didn’t you accept a thousand dollars from me? I’m using the money to purchase information from you right now.” In truth, the person who had given Liu Ling the money was Eunha. However, given that quite some time had passed, and both their voices were similar, the other party naturally did not notice the difference. “Don’t tell me you’re denying it now?”

Liu Ling responded decisively. “I admit it. Of course I’ll admit it.”

Sana became extremely agitated. She covered her phone so that Liu Ling could not hear her and lowered her voice to look at Jungkook. “You must have heard that. I was speaking the truth!”

Lilan immediately became overwhelmed with joy. Her wrinkles nearly disappeared due to happiness. However, she still pretended to be heartbroken. “Lisa, ah, I thought Sana was playing a joke! You, you… how could you have such a relationship with an old man… you, you…”

She appeared as though she could not take the blow and was about to faint.

Shuhai immediately held her in his arms. “Sister-in-law, don’t be heartbroken. Even if Lisa has disappointed you, you still have Eunha.”

At the thought that Lisa was about to meet her end, Eunha was just as excited as her mother. However, she decided to be tactful and to speak up for Lisa. “CEO Jeon, my third sister is young. She didn’t intend to cause any harm.”

“That’s right. CEO Jeon, you have to forgive my Lisa!” Lilan clutched her chest. She appeared on the brink of tears.

In truth, both of them understood that Jungkook would never accept a betrayal.

The more they begged for mercy on Lisa’s behalf, the more she was doomed.

Lisa clapped for them in admiration. “Look at my wonderful mother and second sister. Their acting is outstanding. Through their emotional lines, they’ve hammered down my so-called guilty sentence perfectly.”

Lilan was enraged. “What do you mean by so-called? Jungkook treated you so well, yet you went to receive money from another old man. You’re clearly in the wrong!”

“That’s right.” Eunha felt extremely envious everytime she recalled this matter. “You’ve really let CEO Jeon down!”

Lisa glanced at them coldly. “You wish to ruin me so badly?”

“How can that be. Mom just wants the best for you.”

“As your second sister, I also hope for you to always be doing well.”

Lilan and Eunha had been on the losing end too many times. They had learnt to be cautious and would not reveal their true colours until they were certain that Lisa was doomed.