228.Clarification

Defense was the best form of attack.

Lisa glanced at the mother daughter duo. It was truly becoming harder to deal with them.

Weng Jingke shot a look of disdain towards Lisa. “What’s wrong with you, Lalisa? Your second sister and mother are both so kind. How can you misunderstand that they are trying to harm you?”

“Hahaha!” Lisa burst into laughter. “Classmate Sana, I’ve never seen a more useful scapegoat than you. You’re so obedient to bend backwards in fulfilling their will.”

Sana’s expression was extremely poor. “What nonsense are you speaking? I’m not anyone’s scapegoat!”

Lisa was too lazy to explain it to her. “Since you won’t admit it, you’ll have to bear the consequences yourself.”

Sana spoke up firmly. “Lalisa! I’m not acting under anyone’s instigation. I’m just unhappy with you for being so shameless and for having a relationship with an older man!”

Eunha had told Jingke that as long as she ruined Lisa, she would take care of the Minatozaki family from there on. There would be endless benefits for them to collect.

She had been extremely moved by this offer.

Lisa was only a sister-in-law, yet, when Eunha said some good words about her to Jungkook, Lisa actually received clothes and shoes worth up to millions of dollars.

With the way Sana was acting right now, she was certain she would benefit even more!

“Very good.” Lisa responded crisply. “I left you with an escape route, but you don’t seem to want it. Since you wish to be responsible for this matter, go ahead. It’s true that I took a man’s money to buy an apartment in the Hong Sheng district. However, the man I’m referring to is my elder brother, Lee Sehun.”

“How can that be!” Lilan was immediately angered. “Why would Sehun have any money? Three years ago, when he was jailed, I visited him once. When I asked him, he told me that he didn’t have any money!”

“That’s right.” Eunha was similarly angered. “Why would Brother give you that much money? When did you visit him? I’m also his sister. Why didn’t he give me anything?”

Upon hearing this, Jungkook narrowed his eyes. The atmosphere instantly turned heavy and everyone present could not help but tremble.

Lisa understood that with Jungkook’s personality, even if the money had come from her brother, he would get upset.

Thus, she explained it clearly. “My brother gave me a million dollars to help him buy an apartment. As you all know, property prices have been rising recently. He was worried he wouldn’t be able to buy anything by the time he is released. Hence, he requested me to help him buy an apartment.”

In fact, her brother had given the money to her for her own use. However, she did not wish to accept it and had decided to help him buy an apartment instead.

She only explained it in this way to prevent Jungkook’s jealousy from erupting.

But Lilan refused to believe it. “You make it sound even better than singing! If Sehun really wanted to buy an apartment, he should have asked his mother…”

“As a mother, you’ve wasted all the money that my father earned.” Lisa harrumphed coldly. “This also includes my second Sister. My brother knows the both of you all too well. If he gave the money to you guys, would there be anything left? How could he possibly hand his hard-earned money over to you? I’m the only person who won’t take a single cent of my brother’s savings. By the way, a few days ago, after leaving Chou Zhiming’s home, I went to the bank to check the balance in my brother’s bank card. Unlike what you guys claimed, I didn’t receive any money from any man.”

Eunha saw that the situation was strange and immediately changed her words. “What do you mean by ‘you guys’? Sana was the one saying that. From the start, I believed in you.”

Sana saw that Eunha changed her stance in a split second and was now claiming to be unrelated to the matter. Her expression immediately turned poor.