CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

HURT 😢

"I'm sorry we tried everything we could but we couldn't get his heart to start beating again. And he lost too much blood. " The doctor delivers the worst news ever with a smidge of sympathy in his eyes.I hear mama gasp horrifically. "That's not true." I shake my head. " Ace can't just leave me alone he promised!" I chock on sobs. My breath quickens rapidly. My hand tries to soothes the pain in my chest as I gasp for air tears coated my cheeks. "Woah, Heather you need to calm back." Josh says, trying to calm me down. My whole world just went crumbling down right before my eyes. I open my mouth but no words come out. I can't face Mama and papa as I hear them crying for the their son. Mom says something to me but I numbly face the ground letting the sorrow consume me whole. "Heather, Baby please talk to me." Mom pleads. I feel a bit of my soul detach from my body. "Ma- " Mason gets cut off by a nurse roughly opening the door yelling for the doctor. The man rushes back inside the theater . He leaves us both concerned and confused. I shut my eyes silently praying for any miracle to happen. Praying to God with everything in my heart. The boys slowly pick me up setting us on the chair without a word waiting for the doctor to come back for more news or maybe I'm just hoping for him to come and tell me differently. I can still hear mama cry. The sounds of her cry's squeeze my heart in a painful hold. I'd like to wake up from this nightmare with Ace comforting me in his arms. How will I ever move on from this? Is that even possible. Will I ever to breath better. I sniffle quietly.

Seven agonizing hours later the door opens and he walks back out. I get up standing a meter away from him praying the next words that were about to come out of his mouth will change everything. "I don't know how to say this, But after he died for ten minutes, His heart started pumping again we we're able to move the bullet out of chest and repair any other damages that includes a blood transfusion. Luckily enough we we're also able to save his right lung. We've induced him right now. But he will wake up in a day or two. His lucky to be alive." The Doctor smiles leaving again. I hear cry's of relief forcing mine out too. Words can't describe how I feel right now. Everything hits me all at once and I feel my body giving up on me. The distress in the voice of my brothers is the last thing I hear before everything goes black.
  Slowly I open my eyes quickly shutting them back from the the excess light. Slowly again I open them adjusting to the light. I look around and see myself lying on a hospital bed with a sleeping Matteo on a chair next to the bed. At this point I should just move in and become a permanent member. I tap him on the shoulder waking him up. He groans his eyes groggily look up at me. " I'm glad your finally awake." He says with a yawn. "What happened?" I asked him. He narrows his eyes at me. Giving me a questioning look. "You don't remember?" I shake my head. "Well, you passed out right after you heard Ace was alive. We freaked out thinking something happened to you but the doctor told us you were in shock, So you passed out. He told  us all you needed was to rest and you'd be good as new." At the mention of Ace everything comes rushing back. How can I pass out when Ace needs me by his side. I try getting up but my muscles ache. "Your body still needs rest. You've been out for a day." He tells me. My eyes widened. "Where's everyone?" I ask. "After we we're told you'd be okay. Everyone went back home to refreshen and rest but I stayed back, in case you woke and needed some help." He tells me. I look at him shocked. I knew we we're all trying to get passed everything but their affection catches me off guard sometimes. "Thank you." I whisper out. I notice I'm cleaned and in new clothes. "We told the nurse to clean you up." He says reading my mind. "I-" I'm cut off by door opening revealing everyone. Mom smiles when she sees me wake. "Oh, Baby I'm glad your finally up." She's says walking over giving my forehead a kiss. All my brothers following suit. I get tackled by Becky and Bella. "Gosh, you sure love waking up in hospitals." Becky teases lightly. I roll my eyes. " How are you feeling?" Bella asked. "Just a bit tired and sore." I answered. "Oh my is Xavier okay?" I ask Becky. She nods. "Don't worry his okay. His actually in the next room seeing Ace." She's gives me a dismissive wave. My eyes peak at that snapping my eyes at her. "H-His awake?" I stutter out.
Her widens realizing what she just said. "Uhmm, Yeah he woke up a few hours ago." She gulps. "And I'm hearing about this now." I snap at everyone. Are you fucking kidding me. I look at everyone and they all avoid my gaze. "I mean you did just wake up." Case says nervously scratching the back of his head. "Sweetie." I turn towards my mom. She sweetly smiles at me dissolving all the anger in my eyes. "We're sorry. We wanted you better before we could tell you." Smiling down at me. "Plus we didn't want you to pass out again." Dante pitches in. I glare at him and he nonchalantly shrugs his shoulder giving me a bored look. "Dante." Our dad warns. "We could take you to him right now." Josh says giving me a small smile. I nod my head furiously. The girls help me out from the bed. As we get closer to his door, my heart beats faster with each step we take. I can faintly hear the beat of heart in my ear. I shudder biting my nails nervously. When we reach the door my nerves shoot up I stop mid way. Suddenly I don't think this was a good idea. "Hey, trust me he wants to see you too." Bella whispers giving me an encouraging smile. I was overwhelmed, anticipating nervousness. I nod taking a deep breath. My shaking hands open the door I feel the wind knock me off my feet at the sound of his chuckle. I gasp out loudly gaining the attention of everyone. They look at me. "Hey, Baby I'm so happy your awake. I was about to come and see how your doing." Mama says attacking me in a big hug. She releases me not before whispering in my ears. "His been waiting for you." She smiles leaving the room. Papa and Xavier follow suit before kissing my head. Now that everyone's left the room seems smaller than before. I take a deep breath before meeting my gaze with the stormy grey eyes I've been praying to see. My breath hitches. Feeling my knees buckle. "Hey, Doll." In slow motion i rush towards side burying my head in his chest. His arm wraps around my shoulder comforting me while loud sobs fill the room.

Hope you love it.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment ❤️❤️