45

"Why do you need my sunglasses?"

Jack sighed and ran his hand down his face, he was on the edge of suffocating Ace with Leo's duvet. He'd already explained his reasonings to both, Ace and Alex, three times already. What part wasn't he getting?

"Okay, I'm gonna speak real slow so you'll understand." Jack said, suppressing a smirk as Ace scowled. "You listening?" He clicked his fingers in his brothers face.

Swatting Jack's hand away, Ace nodded before folding his arms over his chest and exhaling a loud huff. Jack was speaking as though he was a baby, he was not a fucking baby.

"Charlie will lift Leo's spirits a bit, so I need your sunglasses to get him past hospital security." Jack said, his words dragging as he slowed his speech.

"I understand that part dickhead!" Ace glared at him, "what I don't understand, is how my sunglasses will get you past security with a dog!"

Jack gaped at him before turning to Alex, who stared at the two with tired eyes. "I can't, Lex. I can't." He groaned. "Was he dropped on his head as a child?"

"I'm this close to smacking you." Ace said, gesturing to the little space between his thumb and forefinger as he moved closer to the blonde.

"Please," Jack laughed arrogantly, pushing himself up from Leo's bed, he gave Ace a once over. "I could deck you in a second."

"Children, please." Alex sighed and stepped between the two boys with his hands in a surrender motion. "Behave."

"Children?" Ace smirked, cocking his head to the side, a glint of mischief swirling in his azure orbs as he gasped dramatically. "Alex, you naughty fucker! Do you have a daddy kink?"

Alex and Jack stared at Ace before turning their gazes to each other. "Are you going to kill him or can I?" The blonde asked, his jaw clenching as Ace's stupid laugh filled the air.

"Be my guest," Alex outstretched his hand and gestured to the wheezing seventeen year old.

"No, don't." Ace bent over and clutched his knees, trying to catch his breath from his extreme laughing fit. "I'm sorry, I'll stop," he looked to Jack with glossy eyes, "I promise."

"You better." Jack warned.

"Okay, okay," Ace broke into another fit of giggles. "I'm good, I'm good." He said, his voice deepening slightly as he struggled to keep his mouth from lifting. "Please, explain."

"What are golden retrievers and Labrador dogs normally used for?" Jack asked. Surely Ace would get the point now, he couldn't be that dumb.

Ace blinked, twice, thrice. What an odd question. "Um... walking?"

"Alex, I'm not even kidding, I can't deal with him. He's giving me a headache, it's like explaining shit to Carter."

"Wow, hey!" Ace's mouth gaped in shock, clearly offended by Jack's comparison. Carter was the biggest idiot he knew... or maybe it was Atlas, but still, that's a low blow.

Jack shrugged, he'd had enough.
"Truth hurts."

Alex cleared his throat, deciding to pick up from where Jack left off. "They can be guide dogs, Ace. So if Jack has your sunglasses he can pretend to be blind and then we can get Charlie past the security."

Ace snorted, they weren't being serious... we're they? "You're kidding... right?"

Frowning, Jack shook his head. "No, it's a solid plan, Ace. No one will question a blind guy."

"Wait, wait, wait! So you're not joking? This isn't a prank?" Ace asked, groaning as they both shook their heads. "That's the worst idea I have ever heard in my life."