Going To Mexico

You ever have that type of night where you just can't go to sleep because you know something is wrong? That's how Stiles Stilinski felt. The Stilinski Tribrid was on the front porch of the Tate house, sitting on the bench as he stares at the moon in the sky.

He hadn't felt this nervous since... well that's a story for another time.

The sound of the front door opening didn't even make the boy turn his gaze as he kept staring at the moon. "You know pitying yourself won't help Scott and Kira right?" Malia asked him.

Stiles said nothing.

Malia sighed as she then stood in front of him, disturbing his gaze. "It isn't your fault." She told him. She had seen the look that Stiles has on his face from Scott anytime something went wrong.

Stiles lowered his head, "How can't it be my fault? I'm one of two powerful supernatural Tribrids in the whole world. My power can literally break mountains. And I was still too late to save Scott. Hell, I was late to save my own dad. What good are these powers if I can't save anyone?" He asked.

Malia frowned, she crouched down and grabbed a hold of his hands. "Hey, you didn't know that Scott was going to be taken. Kate took us all by surprise. This isn't your fault." She said.

Stiles looked at Malia, "Why me?" He asked catching her off guard. "Why you what?" She asked confused. "Why did you choose me as your mate?" He clarified.

Malia then felt a blush on her cheeks, she had asked herself that ever since he revealed what the marks meant. But now in this moment she knew why. And she thinks she understands why her coyote chose him that night in Eichen House.

"Because of your compassion. Yes, you may be a sarcastic asshole, but you have heart. You're willing to do everything for people, even if they hurt you." She said.

Stiles smiled at her bluntness, he then stood up and offered her his hand, "You're right we should rest up." He told her. Malia smiled as she stood up and took his hand in hers as the couple went into the Tate house to sleep.

***

Stiles and Malia were in Scott's room searching for anything that still held onto his scent as a means to locate him. He took a sniff of his clothes in the closet and came up with nothing as they all had the scent of fabric softener.

The boy growled before turning to Scott's bed, a smile grew on his face at the idea, "Got you." He whispered as he walked towards the bed and grabbed a pillow.

He inhaled the smell coming off of it and smiled as he finally caught onto Scott's scent. Stiles then passed the pillow over to Malia. "Here." He said as Malia accepted the  pillow and sniffed it as well, catching Scott's scent.

"You got it?" Stiles asked which Malia responded with a nod. "Good, let's meet up with the others." He said as they left Scott's room and went down the steps to find Liam in the living room.

"Ah, Liam, go home. You're not coming with us." He told the Beta, fed up with the amount of times the young werewolf had asked to let him come along.

"Why not?" Liam asked. "Because it's a full moon. And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." Stiles replied. "So, just lock me up. Chain me down to the back seat or something." Liam suggested.

"You tore through the last chains remember?" Malia asked. Stiles turned to her with wide eyes, "You serious?" He asked her. Malia nodded, Stiles looked at Liam with an impressed expression.

"Nice, but anyway we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Stiles told him. "Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam asked not understanding the reference.