Zayn's PoV:

Silence. That's all there is.
"Liam? You're still alive?"

"No. I think I died. And not only once. I was prepared for a whole speech to convince you!"

"I'm sorry. Did I step on your moment?"

"Yes, yes you did."

"Then please go on, give me the whole speech." To say I'm amused is an understatement. But to be honest I surprised myself too. Liam didn't say anything about the band. Only about friends getting back together. And I'd like that.

"Sorry but I think I forgot all of it when you took me by surprise with your quick answer." He sounds just as amused as I am. But then his voice softens: "Just so you know my intentions: It's not about getting the band together. It's about meeting up again. We'll see about the music. I will not say I'm not going to do it if we all want to but I also don't say that we must make music. It's really about seeing our brothers again."

After he said that we were silent again. But it wasn't the awkward silence we experienced before. It was a calm, relaxing, pleasant silence.

"I'm happy that you called, Liam. I truly missed you. I missed all of them." But I didn't want to contact them. I thought I was probably the only one who's wanting a meeting. But apparently not. But I'm not complaining. "Did you already contact the other boys?"

Liam sighs. Then he tells me, slightly amused, about the voicemails. And about Harry. I would lie if I would say I never streamed one of his shows. And damn. I felt like a proud old brother. He does it so well. Performing is in his blood and people love him. The adore him. He's the love of their life.

He said that he discussed with Harry that we would meet in Bologna, on the 25th of July. Today is the 19th. That's a lot of time to get nervous. His hotel there is really keen to guard the privacy of it's guest. So we'll probably meet there. The meeting isn't fully planned but I'll attend it. That sounded way to formal. I will be there to meet my brothers again. But I can't think I can talk to Harry anymore.

That bitch called me Ringo.

Anyways. I hope Liam reaches the other boys and they'll agree to the meeting too.

After we said our goodbyes I lay my phone down. I have a lot to prepare. I need to pack. I need to cut my hair and a little bit less importantl: I need to prepare myself mentally for an awkward talk.

But I'm really happy that we will talk together. And I maybe need to book a flight. Should I just take the risk and book a seat on a public plane?

Well no risk no fun but I'll need some bodyguards.

I could lie and say that I'm not nervous, but I am. I sang the note from you and I and singing this part of the song gave me back so many beautiful memories. Standing on stage. Singing with my whole heart. Surrounded by friends and loving fans. Fans cheering afterwards. The feeling of: Yes, I did it.

Damn it, I'm getting all emotional again. Bradford bad boy? Where are you? I'm acting like a little wimp right now. Come back please.

Liam's PoV:

It's the next morning now. I will try to call Niall and Louis again. Maybe they'll pick up. Maybe... Otherwise I can listen to the great voicemail again (sensed the sarcasm?). I'll ring Niall first. I think that will be an easier talk.

Ok, Nialler now pick up the phone. Don't tell me you're sleeping again. Or getting food at Nando's. I swear to god if-

"Hi?"

"Hello Nialler." I think you hear the relief clear in my voice. But I don't care. I'm so happy he picked up the phone.

"I'm eating. You interrupted my meal. I will never forgive you."

Still the same Niall I knew. But whatever he just said made me really comfortable. It was an ice breaker for me to know that he still likes to joke around.

"I'm so sorry Niall but it's important."

I hear him shuffling, then I his voice again: "I'm done now so I'm all ears."

"I want the boys to meet again." The first two times it worked with the straight-to-the-point strategy. Maybe it'll do now too?

"I'd love to, Liam. I really would love to see my brothers again but why now? Why did you think: Yes, after 6 years, now's the time? Just wondering. But I'd really like us all to meet again."

It worked! Somewhere in my body there's someone dancing around and cheering. But on the outside I just show a little smile. I understand why he asks me this question. I was surprising myself as well when I got the idea. 

"I just thought of you all. I think of you all a lot. But that day I missed you all so much that I decided I want to do something against it. And that something would be a meeting in Bologna. If you would like to be a part of it. Harry's touring, that's the reason why the meeting would be in Bologna, on the 25th of July. Are still up for it?"

"Yes."

Good job, Liam.

Today, 12 years ago, One Direction was formed. It was a day that granted us great music and cute moments to enjoy. I hope all the boys are well and know that we still appreciate the great music the gave and give us.

Have a nice day, lovely reader <3
I really appreciate that you are reading the story and leave a vote. Thank you so much :)