27 | ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ.

𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗
ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ.

◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥

A knock emerged from the door, alerting Ike. His eyes strayed at the wooden door, hearing the muffled shuffles behind it, waiting for someone to let their presence known.

"(lastname)? Eveland? I've got breakfast for you. It's not good to skip this meal of the day after all." A familiar voice let's themselves known. Lynx was behind the door, patiently waiting for the people in the room to open as she held a tray of food.

Ike stood up carefully, not wanting to wake you up. He strutted to the door, opening it and was met by a smiling AI.

"Good morning, Eveland. I've been assigned to send you amd your partner breakfast, I hope you enjoy it. Just some simple pancakes." She smiled emptily, moving the tray forward, ushering the dyed hair male to take it. He curtly nodded, giving her a small tensed smile.

"Thank you, Lynx." He says, taking the tray and began to turn around, using his feet to close the door until the AI began speaking again, catching his attention.

"Yaomoto-san has also tasked me to show you around the headquarters to let you be familiar with the premises. After all, you aren't really prisoners to him. Yes you are being forced to work for him in order to survive, but being cooped up in the room is a no no to him." She informed, slightly tilting her head to the side robotically.

"Besides.. you wouldn't really be working for him if he'd just make you and (name) room prisoners." She added, her casual empty smile staying on her face.

Ike nods understandingly, sighing. "I see.. will it be alright to start before Lunch time? 10 am." He smiles fakely as the AI nodded, humming. "Of course. I'll leave you to eat your breakfast for now, have a nice meal, Eveland." She bowed, turning her heels to walk away from the room, leaving Ike standing on the doorway as he looked down at the food, his smile long gone.

He spun around, shutting the door behind him with the heel of his.. well, shoes. He went to put the tray on the dining table, before he turned around and noticed you stirring awake.

"Good morning." He smiles, watching you sit up then fall back into the bed, letting our a muffled groan of annoyance into the pillow. "I don't like mornings." You complaint, burying your face into your pillow.

"Good morning anyway." You added, side eyeing the dyed haired male as he went closer to his side of the bed with his arms crossed along with a small grin. "Still tired?" He sat at the edge of the bed, watching as you sluggishly nodded, lazily sprawled on your side of the bed.

"I had another vision, by the way." You mentioned, looking at Ike. His smile dropped, replacing into a worried frown.

"It was about the same thing I told you earlier. But it started giving me flashbacks about my family.. but mostly showed me my dad." You told him, watching his face morph into realization.

"Y'know, I'm starting to think that your father has some business with Himeru." He pursed his lips into a thin line, his brows furrowed when you only tilted your head I'm confusion.

"I mean I kinda get where you're going at.. but I've never really seen father doing suspicious stuff before I left my homeland. He wasn't really the scientific type either.." You trailed off, side eyeing the dyed haired male infront of you.

"Yes, yes. But just listen. Himeru wants something from you, and your father mightve helped with that. He mightve helped with so much more too." He looked at your reaction, watching as your brows started to furrow.