34.

It was Sunday and Mai and Lakinna had just made it back to campus around five in the afternoon. Mai enjoyed her time in New York but it was nothing compared to being in your own hometown. She was glad to meet Sage and even connected with her on social platforms. As the two approached Mai's apartment door, Meech was already leaning on her door waiting for her. He missed her while she was away.

"Girl—" Lakinna laughed a bit, "Ima just head to room. I need to take a nap anyways." She turned around and headed down the hall to the stairs.

"Damn, you was waiting for me?" Mai chuckled as she unlocked her door and Meech carried her suitcase in.

"I missed you." Meech licked over his lips as he closed the door behind him and locked it.

"I missed you too." She smiled as she headed to her room and he followed her, "I'm tired as hell from that flight though."

"I see." Meech watched her undress before she headed to the bathroom to turn on her shower. She then went to her dresser and grabbed her BeatsPill to play music. Mai walked back into the bathroom and placed it on the counter as she played Bad by Wale. Hopping into the shower, she was loving how the hot water was taking over her skin.

Meech took off his clothes and headed into the bathroom, slipping in the shower with her.

"You nasty." Mai blushed as she stood on the tip of her toes and kissed him. Meech deepened the kiss as he lifted her up and pinned her on the wall. Inserting himself into her, Mai let out a moan, breaking away from the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he thrusted inside of her.

"You the one that's nasty." Meech said hoarsely as he bit down on his bottom lip and looked down at the mess she was already making. He started kissing and sucking on her neck as he made sure to go deep inside of her. Her legs instantly started to shake in his arms.

"Ooh, shit." She moaned out, "I'm about to cum." She came all over his length as he continued his strokes.

"I love you." Meech said as he looked into her eyes. Mai bit down on her bottom lip as she looked at him with pure lust.

"I love you too." She pulled him into a kiss as he released himself inside of her.

~

Mai laid on Meech's chest as they laid in her bed watching Love Don't Cost a Thing on her Roku TV. It felt good to be up under Meech especially since she had to deal with guys in New York trying to talk to her. If she was the old her, she probably would've messed with one or two.

"What you was doing while I was gone?" Mai looked up at him a bit.

"Making money." Meech shrugged, "Any of them niggas try to fuck with you?"

"A few." Mai smiled a bit knowing he was jealous.

"I'll break them niggas jaw." He said nonchalantly. Mai chuckled a bit as she let a few of her thoughts take over her.

"I want you to meet my Mom." She blurted out. Although Meech saw Racquel at Mai's birthday party, there wasn't a formal introduction. Mai wanted Racquel to know that Meech was her boyfriend and she wanted them to know each other how she knew his mom.

"Fine with me." He shrugged a bit, "I got no problem with that, baby." Mai nodded her head as she closed her eyes to let sleep takeover her.

~

Lakinna was about to get in her bed once she heard a knock on her door. She was confused since it was late and around eleven. She headed over to the living room where she saw her roommate, Yorianna opening the door to Jessie.

"Kinna here?" Jessie asked as Yorianna nodded her head and allowed him into the apartment. She closed the door behind him and headed back over to her room.

"Boy what you want?" Lakinna asked as he took a seat on the couch.

"Damn, that ain't nice of you. Came out my way to pay you a visit." Jessie shook his head.

"It's late and I got class tomorrow." She shrugged as she crossed her arms a bit.

"Terri told me y'all fought. I wanted to check up on you." He shrugged as he scratched the back of his head.

"You should be checking up on her. She the one that got beat up."

"I heard." Jessie shook his head, "And she broke Mai's table." He reached in his pocket and handed her two hundred dollars.

"What's this for?" Lakinna scrunched her face up as she took the money.

"'Cause I know Terri ain't gon' pay for that shit so I'm doin' what's right." He licked over his lips as he took in the sight of her. Although Lakinna was only wearing some grey lounge booty shorts, and a cropped white tank top, she still looked good to him.

"Should've gave this to Mai, not me."

"Mai don't fuck with me." Jessie laughed a bit, "I ain't tryna pop up on her."

"She don't fuck with you because you're a hoe who would play her former friend constantly."

"I'm a hoe but you fucked on a nigga with a girlfriend?" He scrunched his face up, "Let's not get to name calling."

"Boy I wish you would try to call me a hoe." Lakinna laughed, "I only fucked you as get back. The dick was a plus, dumbass." As the two continued to argue back and forth, Yorianna was standing around the corner eavesdropping. She was unaware that Lakinna had sex with Jessie although it was none of her business.

"Whatever, bruh. I'm bouta step." Jessie stood up and pulled his joggers up. He headed towards the door and left without saying another word. Once Yorianna heard the door close, she headed back out to the living room.

"What was that about?" She asked as she headed over to refrigerator in the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"Nothing important." Lakinna said. She hated when people were in her business and her and Yorianna were only casual because they're roommates.

"Mhm," Yorianna said as she sipped on her bottled water, "Anyways, did you want to renew our lease to room together next year?" Lakinna really wanted to get a single apartment like Mai but she knew her parents weren't going to pay for that. It was already a hassle for her to move off-campus.

"I'll let you know later. I gotta see what my parents want me to do." Lakinna said as she fixed her bonnet, "I'm gone to sleep." She headed off to her room making sure to close the door behind her and lock it. She was irritated by Jessie's comments and sick of Yorianna being in her business. She climbed into her bed and cuddled under her covers which instantly made her fall asleep.