Chapter 16

A guilty conscience needs no accuser

-

A gentle breeze could be heard causing the leaves on the nearby trees to rustle. Alone in her room sat a girl, her eyes pink and under them blue.
-
It has been weeks since Araceli's passing but little by little Cecilia began to ease herself out of the company of her friends and family.
" Hermana, you can't stay in your room all day. The Madrigals miss you. " Marco said as it muffled through the door. Little did he know that his sister was sitting on her bed with a broken soul.
She sobbed as her head flashed memories of her beloved family. " Stop. Stop it. " She mumbled to herself as a tapping sound soon brought her back to reality.
" Ceci? " She heard a familiar face to see Isabella tapping on her window with a vine.

" Dolores said you were talking to yourself, is everything okay? We are all worried about you, especially- "

" I'm fine. " The girl stated as she shut her curtains and laid down.
-
Minutes. Hours. Days passed as the young girl's mind grew deeper. She felt immense guilt.
" I could have saved her. It could have been me instead of her. "

" I'm happy it was her. " A gentle yet broad voice spoke in Cecilia's doorway. There stood Luisa with Marco next to her.
" Mi amor, please talk to us. We are always here for you. " She entered her partners room and sat down next to Cecilia.

In that moment Cecilia broke. Tears ran down her face as she rambled on about her feelings as she hugged Luisa close.
" Let it all out hermana. " Marco said bringing some tissues to his sisters side.

" I could've saved her but I didn't and now she is gone! I barely got to know her but she was still family! " She shouted through her tears.

" Deep breaths. " Luisa rubbed Cecilia's back as they both found peace in each-others eyes.

" There will be a sea of tears, you'll gasp for your breath at times,
you'll drag your heavy heart and drown your soul in the sea.
But sooner or later, the sea will dry up, there won't be any savior ship but you'll learn to embrace the wet sand revealed. "
Marco said whilst leaving the doorway as the two girls let out sighs of reliefs before Cecilia began to chuckle.

" I didn't know he was a philosopher or something. "

" Yeah, he has been hanging out with Dolores lately, maybe that has something to do with it. Luisa replied as she opened the curtains to Cecilia's room.
"Augh! Too bright! " She exclaimed as she began to adjust to the light.

Luisa handed her a box from Mirabel to Cecilia.

" This is gorgeous. " Cecilia said holding up a purple and grey dress before slipping it on and sitting down for Luisa to do her hair.
-
Everyone welcomed Cecilia back with warm hugs and some presents from the Madrigals. They celebrated her return as the night became colder and colder Luisa walked Cecilia home.

"Why is it so cold?" Cecilia shivered, "Tia Pepa said its almost time for winter and she wants some snow for Camilo to shovel as punishment. "

"I'm not even going to ask." The girl replied as she kissed her girlfriend goodnight and ran to her room to begin cleaning.

After an hour of cleaning she began to lay down and fall asleep.
-
Screaming. All that was heard was screaming. Cecilia saw herself standing in front of a group of people at her old village.

" e̸s̷c̶a̸p̵e̸ " What? What were they trying to say?! She couldn't make it out as she saw her with a horrified expression.

"Wake. Up."
-

A/N- Welcome back for part 2 !! Any theories about what might happen ? Leave a comment! Remember to leave a like and comment some ideas or anything you guys would like to see!