Chapter-43

Nicholas

Seeing her weep had become the hardest thing I could ever endure.

I felt completely helpless!

But I vowed to myself that no matter what, I'll see to it that she would become free from the danger lurking around her.

Whether I make it or not.

"If you must really go, then take me with you…… Please don't leave me" she sobbed gripping onto my arm.

I tugged her towards me and wrapped my arms around her delicate frame.

"You already know my answer to that, love" I whispered into her ear.

I would never even consider that. And she knew better than to argue with me on this. I felt her shudder as she gripped me tighter and I wished I could hold onto her forever.

I poured her a glass of water and held it forward. She took it and I watched her taking a large sip from the glass.
I walked her towards the seating below the tall window and made her sit as I kneeled down in front of her.

She looked at me with glossy eyes full of tears and pain. And for the second time she wiped her tears with her sleeve and attempted to keep a smile on her lips.

I took her hand in mine and brought it upwards. I planted a kiss on the back of her hand, never once breaking eye contact.

She blinked as a lone drop of tear escaped her beautiful emerald eyes.

"Before I leave, I have something for you" I said as she looked at me with curious eyes.

I slipped my hand into my pocket and pulled out a ring.

It had taken me around a month to get one of the finest metalsmiths overseas to craft this ring.

She hadn't noticed it yet so I gently placed the ring on her finger and watched it fit perfectly around it.

She finally looked down, breaking out of her trance.

"Oh my goodness…. I-Is this a blue diamond?" She stammered in shock.

"Yes, princess" I replied and watched her expression changing as quick as lightning.

It was all very amusing.

"You remembered," she said with a small smile.

I just nodded and looked at her plump pink lips curving upwards into a smile.

The day when I first took her to the waterfall, she had admitted her desire of wanting a blue diamond.

"I-I only said that because I was pretending to be a princess…. I can't believe you would really buy me a diamond" she said looking at me in disbelief.

I chuckled and kissed her fingers.

"So do you not like it?" I questioned,

"No.. it's not that. It's beautiful. I love it" she replied, stroking the cool surface of the metal with her thumb.

"But, this must have cost a fortune. I cannot accept this" she said looking down.

I grabbed her chin and tilted it upwards so she could meet my eye.

Such an infuriating woman!

"I don't see why not. You're mine and I will buy you everything you desire for"

She shook her head.

"You shouldn't waste your money on me!" she exclaimed.

I inhaled sharply.
Like that would even make a tiny difference to my fortune.