Chapter-45

Nova

4 days ago.

"What is worrying you, dear?" Ada questioned looking at me in concern.

I didn't realise how long I had been sitting by the window and looking in the direction of the woods.

Maybe I secretly longed for him to miraculously appear from out there.

"It's just that….It's nothing. Don't worry Ada" I smiled weakly at her.

It's been more than a month yet this dreadful war continued.

Even though Louis assured us that we are on the winning side, I only wished that the war would end soon and Nicholas would come back home.

"I know this is difficult but I believe in my boys. They will emerge victorious like always" she said with a wide smile.

"You're right. I'll just keep myself busy for now" I chuckled and she nodded.

"I'll see you at dinner, Ada"

I exited my chambers and marched towards the library.

As I walked, I recalled how we had received a message through a carrier pigeon few days back.

It stated,

Order of the King:
Cassandra must be brought to the borders immediately.

There was no 'Hello' or 'I'm doing fine if you're wondering'
But then again I knew Nicholas was not the one writing those letters and notes.

I entered the library which was as usual quiet and empty.

I hummed as I went through the books on one of the shelves.

The next moment I heard a light thud and shuffling noise from the far entrance of the room.

Someone was here.

I walked towards the source of the noise and saw few of the books scattered on the ground and a large buffy man trying to pick them up.

When he noticed me he didn't seem surprised at all.

It was almost as if he knew I would be here.

"Greetings, your highness. My name is Draco" he grinned showing his teeth.

He seemed so familiar.
Like I had seem him somewhere before.

Then it hit me.

"Aren't you the one who had come to Elysian to deliver a message from Nicholas?" I questioned.

It was quite a while back when I had initially came into this dimension.
I was in Elysian at that time.

He narrowed his eyes at me and nodded.

But something felt off about him, ever since the day I first saw him.

"Well, what are you doing here?" I questioned taking a small step back.

"I might be a soldier but books indeed intrigue me. I try to come here as much as I can" he replied.

"Alright. I guess I'll see you at around then" I chuckled and walked towards the door feeling the need to get out of the room.

"Leaving so soon? I hope I have not offended you in any way, your highness" he smiled sinisterly.

"No you haven't but I would like to leave now" I said.