13

Jo had stayed at the airport just staring at the gate she dissapeared in for maybe five minutes. Joe came up behind him, together with Jamie and Mason. It was weird seeing the usually happy person quite litterally at a loss for words to his sandness.

Once all of them had shared hugs and 'see you tomorrow's he turned around one more time. As if he expected her to turn up again, like Ross and Rachel saying she got off the plane. But that wasn't the case, this wasn't a romcom. This was real, and they were now needed in different places.

But they also needed eachother.

He took his phone out of his backpocket and checked his messages, for some reason waiting for her to send something. But she was up in the air by now.

He huffed a breath out, feeling a little stupid about his clingyness to her. He couldn't help it. He hadn't been this far away from her for this long, the most was a week just a few miles.

Now he was in a whole different country and even continent.

As he walked inside his car he looked to his right, where she would've sat. Empty.

"Fuck man," he cursed at himself. He had stayed so strong, he had tried to. He had cried in her arms at the airport, silently of course. But now everything came in, everything unloaded as a bomb on him.

Adeline was back home, he will start working tomorrow, he's going to start in one of the greatest Netflix shows. And he had to do it without her by his side, physically.

He just shook his head plugged in his phone and shuffled their playlist, wanting to be as close to her as he could in the moment.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Adeline had slept most of her flight, she didn't really mind it. She had flown before and right now she wanted to do anything but think about the new friends she had already left and her husband she hadn't been away from for so long.

When the plane landed she had to take a deep breath before she actually got of. Luckly she had the window seat and didn't hold anyone up.

When she checked out and found her baggage she started looking for her brother. Jake had said he would pick her up, he had promised but it was weird as she couldn't find him. She had checked her phone multiple times, maybe he texted that he couldn't pick her up anymore.

But he didn't.

She started to panic a little, maybe something happened and he wasn't here because of it, or maybe he just forgot or decided she wasn't his sister anymore, maybe-

"I looked everywhere for you!"

"Jake!" she happily, she wrapped her arms around her brother who was sadly enough taller than her but still younger. "I thought you forgot me," she admitted sheepishly.

"Never!" he exclaimed his hand flying to his heart in mock hurt. "How could you?"

She smiled at him, it was great to have him back. His hair was longer and fluffy, but very very blue. Adeline knew this already of course but in real life seeing his normally, brown-redish hair, blue was definitely somehting.

"I love it," she said to him her hand playing with his hair.

"I brought someone with me," he said eventually. A beautiful lady came up to them, she was slim and curved, her legs long but not longer than Adeline's she was taller. She had brown short hair and greenish eyes, she smiled timicly at her sticking her hand out, "Adeline this is Mellisa, Mell this is my sister Adeline."