Chapter 68: New Mission

As a city where merchants, Adventurers, and people from different regions and races gather, Orazvil City was a place with great cultural diversity. It was normal to see people eating food and wearing clothes from different parts of the continent.

This diversity was also seen in religion. In Orazvil city, there were more than twenty chapels belonging to different churches. But only two of these churches had enough power and weight to influence the development of the city.

The Church of the Golden Dawn, with branches in every corner of the continent. This church did not care about races or origins, accepting Orcs, Dwarves, beastmens, and humans as its adherents. There were even rumors of some intelligent monsters accepting the faith of the Goddess of Fate.

The Church of the Rising Sun, the main church between the Empire and the Republic. This church preached human supremacy and was not well-received in non-human territories. In fact, even some human kingdoms did not like it, such as most of the Kingdoms in the Great Isthmus region, example like the Kingdom of of Atira, Jermanian, the Dolasm State, and other nations in the Great Isthmus region which they were constantly trying to reduce the church's influence.

Lastly, there was the Midnight Kairos.

Different from the other churches, Midnight Kairos was a Private Religious Faction from the public. In fact, about 70% of the members were all beastmens, as for the 30% one, they are human members, dwarves, Orcs, Fairies, or other races.

Unlike any other Churches, their main outfits as members of the Church were any clothing, means the members can be anyone and anywhere, their Chapels could also disguise as different type of places like as a Bar, Adventurers Guild, Merchant Guild, Market, Brothel, etc.

Not much is known about the Church except for the members, even the Deity they worshipped is also unknown.

The next day after our group of main characters killed the slavers, a commotion happened between the higher-ups of these churches.

In the Midnight Kairos, a stern men was holding a letter on his hand while looking at the church's personnel in front of him.

Stern Men: Tell me about your opinions. Do you think this information is true?

Personnel: We don't know, sir. The information in this letter is too incredible. We will need to confirm it first.

Stern Men: I see. What about the people we sent to investigate? Any results?

Personnel: The case was taken by the Duke's personal men. We were unable to get valuable information.

The stern man's expression turned grave.

Stern Men: Very suspicious. Perhaps, the words in the letter are true. Contact the headquarters and tell them about this. Also, mobilize all our men to investigate this situation.

Personnel: But sir, we don't even know the origins of the letter. Don't you think we are exaggerating too much?

Stern Men: Exaggerating? This letter appeared on the desk of my office! Nobody noticed an intruder, and nobody knows how it reached there. How is that possible? Even if there is no demigod guarding this secret base of ours, the number of A-ranks can be counted in two hands. What kind of person will take the effort to hide from their senses and arrive at my office only to make a bad joke? Furthermore, even if it's a joke, it's a joke related to the Blight. We can't afford to be careless!