THIRTY-ONE | Race

Race scene with dommy:

Race scene with dommy: ✅

ATHENA RUSSO:

I'm having too much fun with this car chase. I do donuts, I drift, I speed. I blast Style by Taylor Swift as I drive.

I drive off the highway and I see police cars waiting for me at the end of the road.

I sing the song while I swerve past the cars and drive into a busy street. I never knew New York would be this busy but everywhere I go there's a lot of traffic. Swerving past cars, I bob my head to the beat.

I frown when I see more police cars following me, and blocking nearly every exit.

That's rude.

I quickly turn into a weirdly big alleyway and then exit it and then drive back to the highway. I hear a loud helicopter above me and I have no doubts that it's following me.

Randomly, I get a weird feeling. Looking beside me, I see a familiar red Porsche.

Hold on isn't that Dom?

He smirks at me, giving me a challenging look, and speeds past me. Does he want to race? No. He possibly couldn't.

I catch up to him and lower my window and shout, "What the hell are you doing?!" His window lowers down. "Let's race," he shouts back.

"Are you sure?!"

"I'm sure."

I nod and my window slides back up. Okay. Let's race then. He holds up three fingers. Then two. Then one. Go.

I press down on the accelerator and lean back. I turn the volume higher and another song plays. I bob my head but gasp when Dom speeds past me.

I know he just didn't do that.

I glare at the back of his car while I'm hearing more police sirens behind us. I go to the lane beside him and zoom past him as I laugh.

I look in the rearview mirror and see a very angry Dom and then I see a bunch of red and blue flashing lights. He's shouting something but I can't see what he's saying. It's sad that I'm not a talented lip reader. He seems very angry though.

I drive off the highway again when I see police cars blocking the middle of the road in the distance. Dom follows me and I go into a car park. I go to the top floor and park the car.

I get out of the Bugatti and lean against the car as I watch Dom parks his car. He gets out of his car and slams the door shut.

If it wasn't for the police we would have a longer race but I've been at this for an hour and I've had enough.

He takes big strides toward me and I keep my head up high. Careful Athena, he might be a murderer. He frowns when he stands in front of me. "Did you really have to end the race that quickly?" he asks.