➳ 𝘮𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯

— today's era (?) —

"Will? You coming?"

"Uh yeah, just a second!" Will yells as he struggles putting on his outfit, definitely not keeping track of time that they're almost late.

It's a Friday night, and Max, Will's roommate, had thought of inviting Will to a gig downtown Hawkins, along with their other friend El.

Will had to think twice if he wanted to accept the offer or not since he was never really a fan of going out at parties or anything like that. He'd rather stay in his room on Friday nights and watch Netflix, read books, listen to music non-stop, or even sleep through the whole day.

But it seemed like Max really wanted him to go, even though she wasn't practically begging him to. Max is easy to read, based on Will's interpretation, and that's why he knew that this night might be something that's very special for her, which lead the boy to taking the offer on.

And now there he was, eyeing himself on the mirror as he checks his own outfit that he'll be wearing for the evening. He wore a simple plaid flannel shirt with different shades of brown, a plain white shirt underneath, some black trousers, and a pair of black Converse. He cringes at the sight. He never really knew how to dress properly.

Max wanted to help him out just a few hours before, but Will insisted. He said he didn't care about it and he can just wear whatever outfit he wants, but now that he's seeing himself in the mirror, he definitely cares.

But there's no enough time to search in his closet and find something else to wear as they are now running late. The gig starts at about 8 PM. Will gazes over to his wristwatch; it had just struck 7:47 PM.

The place is only about ten minutes away from their apartment, but Max wanted to leave as early as possible to avoid getting late.

Will sighs before grabbing his phone and wallet from his desk, stuffing them inside his pockets.

He turned off all the lights before stepping out of his room, seeing Max sitting on the couch, her right knee shaking in a fast and upward manner.

"Are you really that scared of being late?" Will sneers as Max finally stood up, the keys in her hand jangling as she did so.

Max rolled her eyes as she headed to their apartment door. Will followed suit. "I told you to start getting ready at six but guess what? You didn't listen. Now who's the cause why we're running late, Byers?" she grumbled as they walk out of the room, locking the hatch.

"Relax, Max. It's not even past 7:50. We're gonna get there on time," Will tried reassuring her, but it seemed like it didn't work.

"Fuck off, Byers. If only you listened to me," Max began speeding up her pace as they make their way towards the elevator, Will just laughing behind her.

If Will didn't know Max well enough, he would think that she's probably in her period and that's why she's acting all mean, but she most definitely isn't.

Max is nice, a cool friend, fun to be with, no doubt. But when it comes to serious matters like this, there's no time for her to joke around. There is for Will, though, and that's why he's laughing quietly behind her right now as they entered the elevator.

Soon enough, they reached the parking lot, and the moment that they had hopped into Max's red Chevrolet Spark and all buckled up, Max immediately drove away at a brisk – but not so brisk – speed.

After no longer than 20 minutes, they had finally arrived at their destination; the famous Hawkins Nightclub.

If Will was being honest, this is his first time to set foot in a nightclub – or any clubs in general – at the young age of nineteen. He had been in bars or resto-bars before, but that's about it.