26

Its been about two weeks since I last saw and heard from Heath

Its been about two weeks since I last saw and heard from Heath. Although he has been on my mind, I had other things to worry about.

Graduation was tomorrow and everyone seemed to be so excited, I was too of course but I guess I was a little anxious of what would happen after. I still hadn't heard back from any colleges which made me more nervous and I had no plan whatsoever on what I wanted to do after school.

Everyone else seemed to have everything figured out. Lola and Mateo got accepted into the same college in Yale, so they were guaranteed to stay together. But I've submitted my college applications to almost every college I knew about so that maybe I'd at least have one option.

But so far, nothing has came.

I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go to college. I was a firm believer that college isn't for everybody because you can still be just as successful without going to some university. But it's what my mom wanted and I wanted to make her proud.

I just knew that I wanted to have fun with my life and not let school get in the way of me living my life. I had sent a few reminder texts to both my mom and Heath to remind them what tomorrow was but I haven't heard back from either of them.

I sigh as I look at the cap and gown on my bed, I didn't want to stress out about this but I knew I would have to make a decision when the time came.

"Thalia? Your friend's here" Dad shouts, making me look up and rush to the window.

I saw Lola entering my house and heard her speak as she came inside. Lola and I were going to get our hair and nails done for tomorrow, more so her idea than mine.

I rush down the stairs and see her in my kitchen talking with my dad.

"I'm ready let's go" I wave goodbye to dad and head out in a rush out the door.

"What's got you in such a rush?" She asks, following after me.

"I'm not in a rush" I spoke softly and buckle my seatbelt in her car.

"Aren't you excited for tomorrow? About time we're finished with school, right?" She  looks at me and I can't help but agree.

"I've been working my butt off so yeah I'm happy." I let the window blow in my face as we drive.

" Still haven't received anything?" She questions as if she knew what my thoughts were about.

"Nope. Maybe soon" I sighed and watch the streets as we drive by.

Finally arriving at the salon I decide to do a little something different with my hair, nothing too over the top because I didn't want anything too new but just a little cut. My brown hair had gotten somewhat longer this past year and I always usually had it cut a little lower than my shoulders.

The nice salon lady listened to my request and she spoke to me as she did my hair. I also politely asked for her to straighten it since my hair was much more manageable when it's straightened.