Scars will Remain

A/N: a 4+1 scenario involving the Doe family (and JU aka: Joseph) going over the scars they've been left with and finding comfort in the end.

I'm a sucker for family angst and fluff, sue me. XD

Hope you all enjoy!

Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat

*Warning*: This chapter contains bullying, mentions of abuse, death, violence, blood, mentions of surgical procedures, trauma and mental breakdowns. Viewer discretion is advised please!

-------1. William-------

Growing up powerless had never been easy. Any low tier would say the same thing, but they at least had the faint luxury of having some form of power.

For William, he didn't even have that hint of luck.

Having absolutely zero abilities left him with little options growing up, especially in a world that thought of him lower than filth. Even his own father had abandoned him, leaving him to his limited knowledge and devices. He remembered his dad's words clear as day as he walked away from where William was kicked to the curb outside of a group home.

"Why would anyone want a cripple like you for a son?! You'd be better off dead in the gutter and if you know what's good for you, that's where you'll stay!"

The echo of the car door slamming and the engine revving away was still fresh in his mind, even now five years later when he was only seven at the time.

For the longest time, it was just him and his father. His mom was long gone, having died in a car accident by a drunk elite tier. At the time, he often wondered what would've happened had she still been around. Would she have stopped his father from going through with this? Or would she abandon him too? For a seven year old, it was a painful and impossible question to answer.

Now at the age of twelve, letting his mid dwell on the 'what it's?' was the least of his worries. His current problem wasn't trying to avoid the other kids in the foster home or hide what meager belongings he had collected over the years from young thieves.

Instead, it was avoiding yet another beating from a group of mid tier middle schoolers who felt the upmost glee in hearing him scream.

William could fight. He wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination, but he could at least throw a punch and use his head. Literally.

All he needed was a distraction and an opening to run which is what he resorted to now. The young kid ran through the changing woods, trying to somehow out-sprint a group of mid tiers who followed the crunching of leaves beneath his feet.

One had an ice ability, the other was rushing ahead and closing the gap between them, his legs practically a teal blur.

"Oh Willy~! Scared are we?!"

"Why don't you stop running like a coward and face us?!"

The raven haired kid only huffed, his bruised ribs aching in reply.

These two were the most persistent of the bunch and always wanted another hit, even when he was already down. But he never wanted to give them that satisfaction, even going as far as to try and shake them off in the woods behind the school. It was a futile effort that William managed to uphold by hope and a prayer.