Multitasking- I

Anirudh's POV

Bondita (tugging my trouser, scrunching her nose) - Ki holo bolo na? Ki hoi aatur ghor? (What happened please say? What is labor room?)

"It's nothing Bondita, go upstairs....I'll talk to you in the evening. Right now I have to rush to the court. It's late you know isn't it?" I answered bending down to her.

Bondita - But why not now? First answer and then leave for court. You are already late....5 more minutes would not make a difference Pati Babu ..

"Mishti bollam na (I said)..... go inside" I commanded angrily

Kaaka - why are you scolding her? What wrong did she ask? It's necessary for her to know after all she is a woman now. Come ma, i'll tell you. Your husband is feeling shy.

Bondita (shocked) - Shy? and Him? Since when?

"Bonditaaaa" I shouted angrily to everyone's breath getting hitched...."bollam na bhetore jete, suntey pao ni (I told you to go inside, didn't you hear?)"

Bondita gasped out of shock at my exasperated reaction.
"jacchi....jacchi (I am going). you please calm down. Bhari kaaka...please serve him the food properly. And Pati Babu please don't leave with half filled stomach.

"I heard, leave now" I nodedd, shutting my eyes trying to hold back my walls of anger from breaking down any moment now.

"Kaakaaaaaaa.....what all nonsense is this going on? and Batukkkkkk why did you jump in to congratulate for no reason?" I screeched at them in my highest decibels but only to find them least affected. All right they are used to it.

Trilochan RC - Ei shaanto ho...shaanto ho....(calm down) I had very much expected this response from you. Don't you worry. I'll handle everything. Bouma will not face any inconvenience in that room. Ei Bihari jaa toh giye 3 kilo rabri ar 3 kilo mihidaanar laddoo bole aaye Bhola'r dokaaney (Go and order 3 kilo rabri, special laddoos made of mihidaana at Bhola's sweet shop) and ask him to deliver this sharp by 6 PM, bouma loves these sweets as well"

Batuk (clapping) - I'll come with you Bihari. I saw him preparing some amazing jalebis also. Kaaka can we order some chom-chom too. Boudi loves those delicacies also. Dada just knows to feed her Roshogolla which is her first preference while kaka I have seen her smacking fingers on these sweets too."

Trilochan RC (sarcastically)- Han....Han ja order whatever delicious you find, order the entire shop. I'll buy it (pulling Batuk's right earlobe) I understand chote Zamindar. I am your kaka. It's you who want to smack your fingers upon those delicacies at the behest of your boudi.

"Hey nobody is going anywhere. Bihaaarrrrrriiiiii stop. No need to order any sweet. Kaka....Batuk....what is all this? Why on earth have you all gone so histrionic and over-reactive on such minor issue?" I asserted out of extreme frustration.

Trilochan RC (instantly holding by my shoulders)- Son....please....do not spoil our happiness. Our little Bouma has grown up so beautifully and now prepared to shower us with the fortune of a heir. It has been a decade since we heard sweet and auspicious cooing and crying of a baby in this dull environment with morose people.

"Kaaka....kaaka....what is wrong with you all. Listen to me. Sit down...5 min. Will just take 5 precious minutes of yours. Sit down. Batuk you go to your room and freshen up. Join me for lunch. No street food outside at this time of the day. Come on....leave now" I commanded Batuk while pulling Kaka's hands to make him sit and have a private conversation alone and "Bihari.....arrange the table for lunch."

Bihari nodded in agreement and began following my order while I.....

"Kaaka....kaaka...why so excited Kaka? Bondita is just 14 and she has started her periods. It's true her body will now begin to prepare itself for giving birth to a progeny. But, it's just a foundation stage, in which lots of hormonal changes occur inside a woman's body. She has to understand that first. She did not have any clue of it and being her guardian I should have informed her about it long back itself so I am responsible for the humiliation she had to meet at school. I'll go to her school tomorrow. As of now myself and Koeli have updated her along with Sumati ma....she called. Therefore, Bondita's delicate body is not prepared to tolerate the risk of a mature spouse relationship.