Fireworks

After you and Jungkook had settled into his old room for the night, the older man flopped onto the bed with a thunderous groan. "I hate being back here. Why the fuck did you agree to this?"

"Because you agreed to it first!" you contended.

"Well, you could've made something up so we wouldn't have to be here."

"Uh-uh, don't go blaming me 'cause you're a pussy."

"I am not!" Jungkook claimed in a bitter tone.

"Oh, yeah?" you called his bluff. "I dare you to walk downstairs right now and tell Iseul we're going home."

"I...I can't," he whispered.

You pretended you didn't hear him. "Huh? What was that?"

"I said I can't," he spoke up.

"Thought so," you smiled proudly.

"Hey, it's not my fault," Jungkook stated. "Iseul's a fucking saint and it'd crush her if we left."

"Can't be a saint while working for a drug lord."

He shot you a blank, yet irritated look. "You get what I mean."

"Yeah, I do. But her 'saint-ness' shouldn't make you feel guilty for not wanting to be around your father."

"Like I told you earlier, she was basically my second mom growing up. I'd hate to disappoint her in any way."

"I understand," you relinquished. "Luckily, it's just one night though, and you never have to come back here  again if you don't want to."

"Thank fucking god," Jungkook muttered.

"So, anyway, how'd it go with your dad?" you wondered, heading into the en-suite bathroom to remove your makeup with the wipes Iseul had given you.

"It went like it always does."

"A lot of arguing?"

"Yup."

"He's paying off Jiho though, right?"

"Yeah, he is," Jungkook answered. "He's meeting with Jiho and his father tomorrow to transfer the money."

"They actually accepted his offer?"

"Wouldn't you for five billion won?"

Out of shock, you dropped the makeup wipe, your mouth hung open in disbelief. "You can't be fucking serious."

"Dead," he confirmed. "We tried to negotiate, but they weren't having it. They wouldn't take anything below five."

"With the money Jiho's making from this, and with how wealthy his family is in the first place, you'd think he'd be able to get his rap career off the ground."

"The only honest thing he practices in his life has to do with music," Jungkook chuckled. "That, or he's scared if he gets big, girls will come out with the truth and ruin his career."

"He needs his career ruined," you maintained as you picked up the makeup wipe and threw it in the trash. "Bastard's lucky he's already rich. Monsters like him don't deserve fame and fortune."

"I know I certainly don't," he mumbled.

You stared at him through sheepish eyes. "Kook, I didn't mean—"

"No," Jungkook interrupted, "you're right. Monsters like him, and monsters like me, don't deserve the privileges we're handed in life."

"You're not a monster, Jungkook," you declared, joining him on the bed. "You're nothing like Jiho."