sixty six

hi

it's a sort of boring(?) chapter because i want to kickstart myself into writing longer chapters in the future. it just helps propel any ideas that i have left for this story. sorry if it's too short for your enjoyment! i promise there will be more soon <333

pls enjoy tho!

-

It all had happened in a matter of seconds. Rather, to you, it had felt that no time had passed by.

When you wake, you half-expected to be dead. A pathetic death would yours have been if Eren Jaeger had taken your titan from you. Especially, when it was your first time transforming into such a beast. If only there was more time, Zeke would have been able to train you properly during your time in Marley. But you had your children to take care of.

As your eyes adjust to the light and new surroundings, you notice an uncomfortable tightness in your wrists. You're bound to the railing of a moving airship. Rough black rope is looped around both your wrists, tightened to a railing next to a window that overlooks the ground beneath. It's cold and you feel nauseous. Perhaps, it was the air or your body still conforming back to a human body, which is odd, because you've spent an entire lifetime as a human.

The white skin of the Warhammer titan is no longer painted over your body and the feeling of not being in full control of your thoughts and movements no longer plague your mind.

You bite your lip, a sensation that pulls you back into reality and you're finally in full consciousness. None of that initial groggy weight that kept you to the floors of the airship. There is still nausea, however. Water would help.

"Oh, you're finally awake."

You lift your upper body from the wooden floor to see a familiar face staring down at you. It's a comforting welcome from the man you've loved for so long, a man who's presence used to be within reach at anytime.

"Is it customary to tie women to a ship?" There's a sense of a laugh in your words. It's refreshing to Levi, to hear such a thing in the middle of a bloodbath, but also so surreal.

"Only the most dangerous ones." He responds, plainly.

"How heroic are you."

Levi Ackerman is clad in black, a new look, accompanied by the green cloak you've grown to know so well. You could recognize the symbol from miles away.

"Where are my kids?" You say after a pause.

Levi arches a brow, "our kids."

You quickly shy away from his eyes. "Sorry. I've been so used to saying it like that."

"They're with Hange at the front of the ship. Away from the many soldiers on board."

"Have you spoken to them, yet?" Your heart races a little at the thought of Isabel and Farlan finally meeting their father, the hero in their bedtime stories. There is a glistening in your eyes, which Levi notices and his demeanor softens, just slightly.

"Well, of course. I even bought them ice cream." He responds and kneels down towards you so that you don't have to look up.

"They're safe?"

He nods, bringing a hand to your cheek, remembering how soft your skin was.

"So why am I tied up?" You struggle against the roughness of the rope, internally cursing at whoever tightened it so much.

"Zeke thought it would be a good idea, since you're new at this..."

"Turning into a titan?"

"Exactly."