Chapter Seven

He lived in a beautiful apartment centre, the entrance itself was as stunning as the building

He lived in a beautiful apartment centre, the entrance itself was as stunning as the building. He tapped his card against something and the gates gradually open, he drives in around a waterfall and parks his car. 

I open the door, exiting the car. Adonis grabs onto his phone from the potholder and slides out. I look up at the apartment centre, wow.

It is absolutely stunning. I followed Adonis like a lost dog as the doorman opened the door for both of us. The receptionist rises, wearing a tight black dress with her hair put up. And I'm Still in my pyjamas.

"Mr. Nicolaides, here are your keys. Your apartment has been cleaned by the maids." As I look around, I notice marble floors and glass chandeliers with drop lights hanging in the middle of the corridor. A seating area and public restrooms are available. It was almost like a living hotel.

"Thank you Lisa, you are a star." He publicly flirts, she giggles biting onto her bottom lips as he continues walking. Her eyes fall onto mine, and she rose a brow.

"Can I help you?" She asks, raising a rude brow.

"No, otherwise I would've asked." I smiled, following after Adonis who stopped to see what the situation was. I could see him smirking, he pushed down onto the elevator button and the doors opened at the same time. We both step in.

The elevator shaft was illuminated at night because it passed through windows on every floor of the remodelled structure. The elevator was a simple glass box with simple silver buttons and doors. "What do you do for a living?" He taps the same card he used at the drive way.

"I own a law firm." He returns, my eyes widen in shock.

"You? You look like you own strip clubs."

"Mhm, I own around two thousand law firms all over the world." He continues to keep his gaze on his phone. I never imagined him being a lawyer, at the same time his brother being a tattoo artist. I lean against the glass, my hands holding onto the bannister.

"Wow, but you live in an apartment? I'm sure you could buy yourself a mansion."

"I could buy seven, but I live alone." He tucks his phone into his pocket.

"No girlfriend?" I ask.

"No, you?"

"I'm married," I whisper.

To a rapist, an abuser and a manipulator.

He tips his head to the side and looks down at my hands to see my wedding rings on my finger. I hide my hand and settle it behind my back. "So, where is he then? He knows his wife is living on the streets? What kind of husband is that?"

"We are having problems."

"He cheated on you?"

He raped me.