Chapter 41

The dinner went by smoothly after reconciling and rather than shutting him down, you tried to listen to his point of view. He didn't deny he had something with Mizuki back then but it ended a few months ago. She apparently hid his shirt so he'd visit her again.

"That's so underhanded of her but...It's just a shirt, why not just get a new one" you asked.

"It's a shirt Souya gave me on our 13th birthday. He has one that's similar to it so we'd be matching"

"Aww that's so cute" you cooed.

He grumbled and switches the topic "You said you met Rina in the restroom, what did she say?"

You hesitated for a moment, not sure how well he'd take her words. "Ah, she just said I should be careful and...I should know what I'm getting myself into so I assured her by saying I know damn well what I'm doing"

He took one sip from his drink then replied "I bet that's not all she said" he gave you a knowing look.

"Uh...yeaaa we did have some girl talk. Anyway, what happened between you two, why didn't it work out? Is it really because you suddenly lost interest?" You nervously asked him. Rina is a very pretty girl who's brimming with confidence, something you don't have much of. If he just suddenly lost interest in someone like her...what more about you?

He finished his drink and let out a sigh as he rest his head on his palm. "She was pretty chill during the first few weeks then she became annoying, askin' me where I went every damn minute"

"Probably because she doesn't trust your ass" you promptly said, making him look up from his empty glass to your e/c eyes. He pouted and whined, "Are you taking her side?"

"Not really, but I think I somewhat get why you two didn't work out" They probably lacked trust and communication. You mentally took notes of what to watch out for. Nahoya is the type who values his freedom, he doesn't like being held on a short leash, and especially being nagged so much.

"Welp, even if she behaved, I doubt we'd last. I never took any of my past relationships seriously" He chuckled then continued " 'cause we're in middle school baby, why bother"

You gave him a deadpan look " 'Hoya, we're middle schoolers too"

"Don't gimme that look princess, I'm taking us seriously, I swear!" he panicked for a bit when you still look unamused. So he got up and opened his arm to hug you, who's still unfazed, or atlease trying to look unbothered. He kept whispering sweet nothings in your ear that it wasn't long till you gave in and made him go back to his chair as you both continued talking.

The two of you talked about other things, he mostly lead the conversation and is such a loudmouth. You let out a deep breath and decided to ask him something more personal. To understand him better and build more trust between each other you finally took the courage to ask him about his past relationships, which he didn't mind sharing with you. It's not surprising that he opened up easily since he's been nothing but bluntly honest with everything.

"So what are you gonna do with Mizuki? You should get that shirt, it's from Souya after all"

As soon as you said that, he grabbed his phone from his pocket and began texting her. " 'Ight. But you're coming with me"

Your eyes widen at his statement "Eh.. ? No it's alright, I trust you"

It'd be awkward as hell to visit her, knowing she dislikes me because I'm close friends with Nahoya.

A soft smile painted his lips for a moment when you said you trust him. "Thanks for having so much faith in me dollface but I insist. C'mon, it'll be fun~" he smirked at you.