piece 13

As texas woke up he felt like he wanted to be calm but his heart was pounding and all his muscles felt sore, he shoved his face down against the couch, only to feel it push up against him. He glanced forward and saw cali laying under him. "This seams familiar.."  as he mumbled this he tried to push himself up but immediately regretted it. His shoulders were stiffened together and all through his chest, shoulders and triceps burnt.
    Texas looked at cali who seamed to move a bit, making him feel a bit embarrassed to be awake yet barely able to move off the other. Slowly texas put his hands out onto the couch on either side of California, deciding to try again at getting off. Slowly he started to move, but his arm gave out half way.
    As he started to fall off the couch he was caught by cali's arm, a very tired and seemingly confused look on the tired western state's face showing clearly. "Morning Firefly.. you good?" Cali asked him this while justt slowly pulling him back up on the couch, making texas look anywhere but at cali's eyes.
   "Oh im.. great, Goldie, never better.. thank you," although he was sarcastic mostly as he spoke, he mumbled the thank you at the end with sincerity, tiredness still slightly covering both of them.
   California nodded, slowly touching the back of his hand to Texas forhead, "you've cooled down some since last night." Cali mumbled before carefully pulling texas close, cali being to tired to really process, "pains are bad tho so you should.. sleep more..."
    Texas blinked before looking at cali, "no.. I should be ok, really, and its.. a time, we should get up," texas said as he than looked at the clock, "it's 9:30 already."
    Cali's eyes opened again to look at texas, "Listen, I know you're mister get up early and want to kill everyone unless you have coffee, but I'm a morning person because i get enough sleep. You wouldn't stop turning around and you were clearly restless for half the night. And before you say anything, I want you to remember that you just about fell off the couch; than remember, in your words, that I'm an annoying liberal who won't stop, now be quiet and sleep." With this california propperly held texas again before gently putting his head down on the pillow.
    Texas sorta just laid there with his eyes open at first, just blinking before he slowly moved down and rested his head next to cali's chest. Even if he wanted to argue, he was tired and.. well, cali was right.
   With this texas slowly shut his eyes to sleep again, but he never really fell asleep as he layed there with cali, he just got comfortable next to the other and stayed there with them, because what else would they really do? Soon enough he got bored and dug around in his pocket for his phone, carefully pulling it out in front of himself to be between him and cali. As he turned on his phone, he saw lots of notifications, first deciding to click on Tennessee's messages.

    TN:Message me when you're up so I can check in on you.

   TX: I'm up now but I can't really leave Goldie's grip

   TN: Goldie?

   Tx:Shut up I'm tired

   TN: I don't think I will, who exactly is Goldie?

  Texas sighed and muted Tennessee, going to Alaska's messages

  AK:hey little buddy, just checking in, how are you feeling?

  TX: tired but Fine

   AK: how do you define, fine, exactly?

TX:I'll live

   AK: suure, really tho, how are you doing?

  TX:tired.

  AK: can you rest?

   TX: obviously.

  AK: don't be a dick now

   TX: I said what I said

  Texas chuckled a bit as he left Alaska's chat, slowly turning off his phone. As soon as his phone hit the cushion, he felt himself get a bit more comfortable in cali's grip.  He was happy he got to message those two.. even if they were annoying.  He lightly set his forhead against cali's chest, feeling and hearing the other breath until Tex's slowly dozed off.
     When Texas woke up again,  he was still in cali's and but he noted that cali was awake now,  and he himself burning all over again. He tried to just push the blankets off but it caused him to wince, cali pushing the blankets the rest of the way off, "looks like someone wants more anything, " cali hummed as he gently sat up with texas,  letting the southern state move some in his own. As cali did this, he noted that Tex's wasn't moving his arms to much; the other had to bend around a lot more,  "are your arms hurting?"
     "It feels like the muscles in my back, shoulders,  and triceps, were set on fire with gasoline.." He yawned after he spoke,  drinking the water off the table before he slowly stood up, twisting a bit to pop what he could before going to get coffee. Once in the kitchen he heard someone behind him,  to which he turned, seeing new york. At first he moved out the way but new york raised a hand.
    "Cali said you.. your shoulders were burnin?" Texas slowly gave a nod and new york sighed,  "why does he always have to send me.. alright, come here, cowboy." Texas slowly walked over,  his shoulders stiffening from mostly awkwardness. "Do you mind if I touch em?" As texas shook his head,  new york carefully pulled him over,  placing a hand in the center of texas back between his shoulder blades and texas could only describe this as,  new york holding his vertebra in place.
    Slowly new york grabbed one of tex's shoulders, glancing at the southern state before pulling it back, making a loud pop come from it,  which made texas head shoot to look at his shoulder.  He didn't say anything,  he just starred at it. "Are.. did it hurt? " New york had grabbed tex's other shoulder, but he rethought it when he saw his texas reacted.
     "How the fuck does that work?" He questioned, looking back at new york, "it feels better I mean.. thank you,  but what the fuck was that? "
    Carefully new york got texas other shoulder, which texas would swear on his life popped even louder, before new york spoke, "your joints refind their place. Usually it just snaps back from if you slept word or somethins but there's also the chance of if your shoulders are often restricted or you lift to much to often that they fall out of place.." New York glanced at the counter before he grabbed texas coffee, "thanks,  now bye."
     Texas blinked as new york walked away, giving a shrug.  He poured another cup for himself before he heard a yell from the living room,  "That's sweet as hell!" Texas walked out with his new cup of coffee, drinking it calmly.
    "Doesn't look sweet tho." He muttered this while going back over to the couch, drinking his coffee tiredly. Cali wasn't there right now,  so texas took the time to just be in his own space for a minute.  He sighed as he drank his coffee in peace..
    He rubbed the tiredness from his eyes,  only to yawn than look up.. and, in front of him now,  was Tennessee. "What is it tenn?" Texas questioned as he continued to drink his coffee. 
     Tennessee looked over texas and offered a smile, "as much as I wanna tease ya right now, you ok?" He sat next to the larger state, carefully putting texas hat on him after he'd picked it up off the floor, "ya look a wreck."
    Texas stared at Tenn with a look of.. well,  texas.  "Thank you so much for your insightful input." He took another drink of his coffee and rubbed his eyes gently,  "I'm gonna go and shower unless you actually have somethin you have to tell me.."
    Tennessee smiled gently,  looking at the other,  "just letting you know gov excused you,  Oklahoma, and cali from meetings the next three days."
    "Oh boy, lucky day.." He sighed and rubbed his eyes again,  they felt like how you're eyes feel if you stand in the way of smoke coming off a bon fire, "thank you tenn, I know I'm bein a dick,  I'm just tired."
      Tennessee chuckled a he shoved texas hat down dirge on his head,  "quit rubbing your eyes,  you'll irritate them more."
    Texas shook his head and Teague his hat,  standing up to leave and shower.  "Later,  Tenn." With this Tex's was gone down the hall, making his way to his room she he shut the door behind him quickly.
    After sitting the door, he went to his closet and found his other binder, a clean button up (deciding to wear the red one he used to wear at meetings since he apparently didn't have to go for a few days) some sweat pants because to hell with it,  and finally just done boxers before he went in his bathroom. He glanced in the mirror as he set his clothes down on the sink,  realizing he was still in cali's hoodie..
   He shook his head and walked to the shower itself,  turning on the water,  turning off the lights,  than undressing himself after he shut his divider door that separated the rest room from his room.  As soon as he was in the shower, he felt his body relax. The warm water,  not hot or cold,  overall felt nice just hitting against his skin,  bringing his body to a more normal temperature.
    He didn't know how long he zoned out for,  just staring forward doing nothing,  but he did notice he was still alive and existing when he heard a knock at the door. "What's needed? " He called,  assuming the water down so he could hear.
    "I just uh.. had something for you,  can i open the door by chance?" Who.. Cali, California questioned him with an awkward tone.
     "Go for it, " texas called calmly,  knowing the shower curtain was dark enough he wouldn't be seen through it.  He heard cali open the door and they just continued cleaning himself calmly,  although a bit confused,  "what did ya need?"
     "I'll just.. the lights are off..? Whatever,  I'll just set it.. here- there. " With that he heard the door shut and texas sighed.
    "He's great at answering questions," texas muttered,  slowly finishing up- he never did this quickly,  showering was always a process for them
     About 45 minutes later,  texas finally got out,  snagging a towel from the rack he hung them on before he started to dry off. He noticed he needed a hair cut as hair stuck him in the eye, making them seeing their head back calmly to get it to go back. He went over to the sink after he decided he was dry enough to change, turning the light on so he could see his clothing.
    After turning on the light, he saw what cali had left.  He picked up a neatly folded hoodie,  pulling a sticky note off the front.