029 :: OFFICER DOWN.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE...!

!

❝ OFFICER DOWN , SEASON SEVEN ❞

SEVEN ❞

JENNIE only continued standing there, in the line of hostages.

It was really all she was able to do if she wanted to live to see another day. The Queen and King unsubs had shown no mercy, and after now killing five people in one morning, Jennie knew that fact better than anyone.

The teen could feel sweat dripping down her forehead, as she heard the gunshots, the screams, and the begging from the innocent people moments away from their lives ending. Some of the deaths, she witnessed in front of her, her own eyes widening at the sights. Some she could only listen to, her body shaking as the sounds hit her ears.

Needless to say, they all allowed new waves of fear to brush over her.

"Let these people go."

When Jennie looked up at the voice, her eyes widened at the sight of Will. He stood there, no sign of any weapon or protection, with his hands in the air. His eyes landed on hers for a quick moment, before looking back at the male unsub.

"Will." Jennie muttered under her breath, her terrified eyes staying on him.

"Alright— you, you, you. The kids. Get out." The male unsub had pushed a blonde woman to the door, along with the two kids with her. There, they swiftly left the building, before the King's eyes went back on the detective, "Hey, what's your name?"

"William LaMontagne Jr."

"MPD." The male unsub chuckled to himself, looking back at his partner in crime.

For a flickering moment, Will looked back at Jennie, only to see her with a horrified look on her face. Except, by the way she was looking at him, he could see the anxiety-ridden state wasn't for the stakes of her life.

It was for the stakes of his.

Just barley, he could see her mouth her silent words with widened eyes. "Go. Now."