NIGHT OF TERROR |

BHUMI SATYADEV

I hummed slightly as I wrote the iternary of the sequences of things going on in next one month of Silver Assembly. First week will be the discussion of revenue and administration. Second week will be about culture. Third week will be about finalising treaties and the last week will be about celebrations and festivels. How much easy it might sound but carefully planning and coordinating hundreds of this events so that none of the royal members feel offended is a time and strength consuming task. I shifted the peacock feather using which I am writing to my right hand. Flexing the fingers of my left hand I signed. The winds flowing have grown coolér. My feather is quickly scribbling down on the white parchment in blue ink.

The task was rhydemic and effortless for me. I smiled as I drawn a small flower in the end signifying that the announcement is ended. I closed them and began to search for the special candle and my stamp used to seal of the important documents. The rain had started by the time I had Reteka deliver the documents to Maha Mantri. I massaged my shoulders and sat on the swing in the balcony. The symphony of rains soon turned into the cacophony of thunders. As I calmly laid on my swing reading one of the books I brought up from the library that day. There isn't anything I don't know about. As I was turning pages one paragraph caught my eye.

"The eight ancient nations buried their treasures and troops into a hidden place when the unknown terror swept through the mighty lands of warrior. All their golds secured within one of the holy mountains of north along with the artefact."

I thinned my eyebrows. Very little was known before the establishment of current kingdoms. There is said to be a huge catastrophy before five hundred years which lead to the formation of current day order of kingdoms. This book should be more than five hundred years old if it is telling about the time before. I found myself turning the pages eagerly as the great tale of eight kingdom unfolded infront of my eyes. It is said that at that time Bharatvarsh was at the peek of its glory basking in the intelligence of its people and cultural enlightment. For others we were a mystery. Our borders were once surrounded by Aethopian ocean on east to Sea of Magellan on west, the cold tundra on north and Ratnakar on south.

I chuckled at the description. Of course we are a large country but the thoughts that our ancestor reigned our entire known world once sounds absurd to listen or in this case read. The main reason the chunks of history is absent from that era is because our pioneers were too busy to save their own skins and blood fighting with nature for constant survival to record the history of generations before them. At that time it passing the knowledge necessary for survival became a lot of more important than passing the knowledge for scriptures. One can imagine our world at that time as a large jungle where the fittest survive. Sure the theories the author presented sound ridiculous but they might even hold some truth. I might bring them to discuss with Princess Chandrika. I think she will be every much more intrusted in this theories.

"The artefact was a glories object which can grant any wishes be that eternal wealth or eternal life. For ages war took place for it's owner ship and the holy place of Bharat matted with crimson and titan of blood. At last the holy saints of Kailash cursed it that the person who ever evoked the artefact for personal use will have fate worest than death the wars reduced but never stopped. It was lost in the depths of mouths of Himalayas till the very date."

I gritted my teeths in annoyance as I found it is the last readable page of the book. The rest were perished with time. I huffled in annoyance and searched through the other books trying to see if this things are even real. Unknowingly the mention of curses and artefact had awoke unknown hunger for knowledge in me. But the other books were useless. Not a single piece of information was found but I did found another ridiculous account in one of the same author's book.